Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Anne Frank Human Rights Memorial - My Walk


On my walk I took time to stop at the Anne Frank Human Rights Memorial and read all the quotes. I loved reading all the quotes and everyone touched my heart. It was a great way to start the day. May we treat everyone we meet with love and kindness. It's the only way to change the world - not by arguments and complaining - it's by our actions showing love to ALL People.

Here are some of the quotes from the Memorial:
The Idaho Anne Frank Human Right Memorial honors the triumph of the human spirit. In a world divide by differences of political doctrine and religious belief, we are humbled and emboldened by a child who wrote in her diary from the silence and dread of her family's hiding place in Amsterdam during WWII. In 1945 Anne Frank was imprisoned at Bergen - Belsen concentration camp where she died of starvation, exposure, brutality and disease. She was 15 years old.

It is difficult in times like these: ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be cursed by grim reality. It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical. Yet I cling to them because I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.

It's utterly impossible for me to build my life on a foundation of chaos, suffering and death. I see the world being slowly transformed into a wilderness, I hear the approaching thunder that, one day, will destroy us too. I feel the suffering of millions. And yet, when I look up at the sky, I somehow feel that everything will change for the better that this cruelty too shall end, that peace and tranquility will return once more. In the meantime, I must hold onto my ideals. Perhaps the day will come when I'll be able to realize them!
Anne M. Frank.
We simply must work unitedly to remove from our hearts and to drive from our society all elements of hatred, bigotry, racism, and other divisive actions and words that limit a person's ability to progress, learn and be fully accepted. .... Gordon B. Hinckley

We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams..... Jimmy Carter
Of course I had to take a picture of the Boise River along the Greenbelt.
I also took advantage of the built in adult gym in the park to get some strength training it. It was a great day that ended with 16,577 steps.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin