My response to the challenge:
I skimmed through the challenge. YOW! Lots of bouncing - getting on the floor. . . . Those thing I hate - in a loving way.
I'll try it this weekend and modify where possible. I like the little box on the corner with the modified moves - very handy.
Thanks for the weekend challenge and whipping this dragon into shape!
Then the Tuesday challenge and the day before the weigh-in and the last day of week 2 is:
So, since strength training is the this week, we need to get those last minutes of ST!
I will list ten choices for you. Pick 5 and do as many rounds as you can. Modify where needed and if necessary; switch them to something that works for you. The point is not to "win" over anyone here, but to train. Get stronger. Feel the satisfaction. Get healthier. Those are the goals, so make these moves work for you, OK?
1. 50 crunches
2. 20 push ups
3. 20 burpees
4. 50 squats
5. 20 Bulgarian squats (ten on each leg)
6. 20 lunges (ten on each leg)
7. 20 windshield wipers (options: legs straight, bent or on an exercise ball) Here's a good tutorial:
8. 15 standing dumbbell rows.
9. 15 standing or seated dumbbell shoulder presses
10. 20 bicep curls with dumbbells, band, or whatever you have at hand.
I did it and here is my response:
OK, I can do 6 of these because they are in my regular ST training I've been doing this week. Glad it's something I can do. I need to mow the lawn first and then I'll get to it. I just returned home from a long day at work. Ready to get one more good work in before weigh in day.
1. 50 crunches Done 4 x = 200
2. 20 push ups Done 3 x = 60
4. 50 squats Done 4 x = 200
8. 15 standing dumbbell rows. Done 8 x = 120
9. 15 standing or seated dumbbell shoulder presses Done 8 x = 120
10. 20 bicep curls with dumbbells, band, or whatever you have at hand. Done 8 x = 120
It was a great week! I came in at the top 3 in all areas of the challenge. I just need to do that every week!
Week 2 Dragon Report:
Total Loss by Weight: - 31.5
Biggest Losers by Weight:
1st Place: Karen R - 6.6
2nd Place: Sondra - 5.4
3rd Place: Charlotte - 4.2
Total Cardio Minutes: - 9720
Top 3 in Cardio:
1st Place: Sondra - 1988
2nd Place: Carol (Red) - 1108
3rd Place: Karen - 991
Total Strength Training Minutes: - 3483 (thanks Min!!!)
Top 3 in ST:
1st Place: Karen - 350
2nd Place: Min - 335
3rd Place: Sondra - 276
As a side note - I will probably be in the number 1 place for cardio all through the challenge because I am counting all the house cleaning I do daily in my business.