Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Saturday, September 24, 2016

My First 5K Walk/Race - FitOne 2016

Saturday, September 24, 2016 I joined in a 5K race (walk) with FitOne - benefiting St. Luke's Children's hospital.
 Sondra, Mary Kay and Marilyn.

Mary Kay asked me if I wanted to join the team called The Clement's Girls. 

FitOne three courses take runners and walkers from the steps of the State Capitol in the heart of the city, along historic avenues and past favorite landmarks, to finish in Ann Morrison Park.

5K Family Run, Walk & Stroll
Run, walk and stroller divisions – first wave start at 9:30 a.m.
I was in the blue wave 5 K walking group.

10K Run/Walk
Corralled start by pace-per-mile – one start at 7:30 a.m.

Half Marathon
Corralled start by pace-per-mile – one start at 7:15 a.m.
 Sondra, Mary Kay, Susie (Mary Kay's childhood friend)
This was our before the race picture. 
 The FitOne logo for 2016.
 The starting line where all the action took place. The TV news stations and sponsors were there giving us words of encouragement. 

Kristin Armstrong (Olympic 3rd Gold Medalist)spoke to us and pumped us up for the race.

The Star Spangled Banner was beautifully sung by Ashlyn Allen. She is a Jr. High Princess. I was amazed at how well she did at such a young age!
 Here is a look at all the different waves of runners looking toward the Boise capital building. 
 A look down from the Train Depot at the flow of FitOne racers and walkers. 
 My FitOne T-Shirt and number badge. I completed the race in 50 minutes. My short legs had to work really hard to keep up with the taller long legged women of our team. 
 The photo after the race all sweaty and a read face from going as fast as I did. 

I really had such a great time and plan to join more 5K's in the future. I'd like to start wogging (jogging and walking) as I get stronger. I can do this and be healthy as I get older. 
 Team "Clement's Girls"!
At the end of the race we received this fun treat bag - minus a mini blueberry bagel that I ate. 
Time Chart - 48:23.6 minutes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin