Sunday, October 30, 2016

New Roof

I've been saving for a new roof for some time now. Although I haven't saved the whole amount of money needed to get a new roof without going into debt, I couldn't wait any longer. It's really nice to have it done and not have to worry the next time the wind blows. 

I will be working extra hard to have the debt paid over the next few months because I absolutely hate being in debt. It's been an expensive summer being a homeowner. A few months ago I had to get a new air conditioner and furnace. On the flip side, it nice to have these big things done so I won't have to worry about it for years to come. 
A look at my house with the white shingled roof that was desperately in need of repair.  
 A look from the back yard showing an old swamp cooler on the roof and a TV dish that I quit using years ago. I requested that these 2 eye sores be removed from my roof during the re-shingle. 
 I went with a company called E&H Roofing because I had several friends comment on what a great company they are. I wanted someone who would do a quality job that would last for years to come. They offer a 10 year warranty on their workmanship and the shingles have a limited lifetime warranty. I hope this is the last time in my remaining life span that I will have to think about fixing the roof on my home. 
 My poor detached garage had the original wood shakes on it - and lots of them were missing. My original house before the remodel was built in 1920. I'm not sure when the detached garage was built - but I'm sure it's close to 100 years old too. It didn't even have plywood covering the rafters. It's nice to have a new roof on the garage. 
 The swamp cooler and TV dish are gone! It makes me so happy!! 
 I went with a black shingled roof and love it! 
 The relief to have it done is beyond words. Next spring I will have my house re-painted or if I can afford it, have vinyl siding instead. I love my blue house but will probably make it a darker gray blue.
The detached garage's new roof. 

It was a huge expensive job that comes with being a homeowner. I'm relieved it's done and happy with the beauty of my new black roof! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin