Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Swimming Season Pass

When I saw this quote it really said something to me. I am a home body and seldom get out there and live life. I've been a single mom pretty much my whole life and that is what I did. I worked to make a living, but when I wasn't working I was raising my boys, cooking, cleaning, carting them around. Being a single mom means you do it all - there is no dad to help out. 

My children are 10 years apart - so I raised my children to 18 years old for 28 years. 

My youngest is 21 and has been on his own in college going on 4 years. It's time for me to start living again. Get this weight off and live. 

I've enjoyed the past 2 1/2 months back on Spark People and walking outside everyday - along with my other exercises. It's invigorating to be outside and enjoying the outdoors. 2 years ago my children and I went on a vacation to Peurta Vallarta. The thing I loved the most about the trip was spending most of the time swimming in the warm ocean. I loved it! 

I decided I would spend the summer swimming. Today I signed up for a season pass to swim at the local swimming pool that is just down the street. They have open swimming two times a day: 2:45 pm - 4:45 pm and again at 7:15 pm to 9:15 pm. 
This morning I packed my swimming suit and decided to go straight to the pool after work. I was early so I decided to walk around the park to get my steps in. 

I walked near the baseball diamonds where there was shade. 

I also walked around the park and took a stroll along the roses. 
I haven't seen this Idaho display before. Now that I'm getting out and living life, I'm trying to notice all the beauty around me. 

I went swimming as soon as they opened and swam for an hour. I decided to stop because I didn't want to get sunburned really bad on my first day. Although the nice thing about walking outside is that I'm getting pretty tan. 

My goal is to swim twice a day to get as much weight off this summer that I can. I'll still get my 10K steps in too. I'm ready to live my life and stop watching it go by every day the same way. 
I'm really excited to swim this summer. It feels good coming back from a delightful swim! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin