Saturday, June 11, 2016

Camel's Back Hike

This morning I met up with the Boise Idaho Spark Team for a morning hike in the Boise Foothills. Only 3 of us were available to go during a summer weekend - Kathy, Barb and me. We did 3.5 miles 8800 steps - which is nice because I was over 10K by 10 am this morning. I love getting it in early. 
Looking over the city from the foothills - you can see downtown Boise in the distance. 
Another angle from the same point. You can see why our town is called the City of Trees. 

I thought this hill was cool looking.  
I love trails with lots of trees / foliage - instead of just grass or sagebrush. It was lovely. 

We saw this monument on the trail. 


A look from the top of the Camel's Back hill down to the park or starting area to hike in the foothills. A lot of people hike up and down this steep hill - we didn't. 

A beautiful look at some of the trails.
We took a less steep trail back to the park. There were challenging parts where we hiked up hills, up built-in steps along the trail, and back down hills. I loved every minute of it. 


I hope we continue to do these weekend walks/hikes! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin