Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Recipe: Banana Bars

 Recipe: Banana Bar's from my niece Robyn. These are so yummy and one of my favorite things to do with ripe bananas.

Recipe:

1/2 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 Cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Allspice
1 Cup Mashed bananas (about 2 - 3 bananas)
1/2 Cup Milk

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix. Add mashed bananas and milk. 

Bake in a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Top with glaze.

Banana Bar Glaze
1/4 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 -3 Tablespoons boiling water

Cream butter and powdered sugar. Add vanilla and mix. Add boiling water until you reach the desired consistency. Spread over bars. 
Being an empty nester, I have to freeze these bars so they stay fresh and don't go bad.

I cut them into bars.

I use wax paper or parchment paper cut into squares to put on top of the frosting so that it doesn't stick to the plastic wrap.

Then I wrap the bar in plastic wrap.
 I put in a freezer bag and freeze.

I take out a bar each day and add to the cooler I take each day for work. It thaws by lunch. 
Best banana bar recipe I've made. I love these! Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin