Saturday, April 2, 2016

Weight Loss Journey Week 3

Today I celebrate my 21 day streak on my weight loss journey. I'm still motivated and on track.
There were a couple of changes I made this week.
I purchased an new digital weight scale. Unfortunately it made my weight 5 pounds heavier so I'm back at square one. I'm glad I did this at the beginning of my weight loss journey. This week due to the new scale I didn't have any weight loss but a weight gain of 3 pounds. 

I purchased a food scale. I love weighing my food for a more accurate picture what is a real portion of food I should eat. It also makes logging food easier and really getting a true calorie on what I eat. 

I purchased a yoga mat so that when I'm exercising on the floor it's much better with cushion!

The other thing I purchased is a pedometer. I work and move hard everyday. It's been fascinating to see how many steps I move per day. I received the pedometer on Monday afternoon and here are my steps for the week:
Monday 1/2 day: 3162
Tuesday: 6783
Wednesday: 6008
Thursday: 6809
Friday: 10576 (I worked on taking down my Easter decorations and running a few errands)

To keep me motivated I know I just need to keep going and going, or as Dory says, "Just Keep Swimming".
My overall nutrition for week 3:
Easter Sunday, March 27, 2016: I went over the highest goal of 1550 - eating 1958 calories - Yikes!
 It was Easter and I gave myself a break:
Monday, March 28, 2016 - back on track. 
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Wednesday, March 30, 2016:
Thursday, March 31, 2016
Friday, April 1, 2016: It was a beautiful day and I felt like barbecuing a hamburger and I went ahead and ate a hamburger with the bun - but stayed in my calorie range. Yum! It hit the spot. 
Saturday, April 2, 2016
Today, Saturday I'm going to have grilled shrimp, another recipe I added to SparkRecipe: I will eat it will plain white rice instead of a stir fry, plus steamed broccoli on the side.

This was a yummy recipe that Brady did for a class project. 
Another new activity that I joined this week is a team weight loss challenge. My teams name is "Cruising for losing". The weight loss challenge lasts 8 weeks. This challenge has given me a lot of motivation by not letting my team down by:
following my weight loss goals
 lose as much weight as possible 
staying on track with all my goals.

Here are my goals for the next 8 weeks. The challenge started on Wednesday, March 30th:
Challenge Goals: 


Goal 1: 30 minutes on exercise bike daily. Working on a 100 day streak. Also complete the 30-Day Jumpstart workout challenges each day. 
3/30: 30 minutes on bike/5 miles. Completed 30-day jumpstart challenge - Long Lean Legs in a Pinch 
3/31: 30 minutes on bike/5 mile. Completed 30-day jumpstart challenge - sculpted arms and shoulders. 
4/1: 30 min on bike/5 miles. Completed 30-day jumpstart challenge - work the core. 



Goal 2: Drink Water – 8 cups per day. 
3/30: 8+ water drank 
3/31: 8+ water drank 
4/1: 8+ water drank 



Goal 3: Stay in calorie range by eating nutritious food. Keep sodium levels under 2300. 
3/30: 1236 Calories 
3/31: 1230 Calories 
4/1: 1385 Calories 



Goal 4: 5000 steps per day. 
3/30: 6008 / 2.56 miles 
3/31: 6809 / 2.9 miles 
4/1: 10576 / 4.5 miles 



Worth 25 points 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin