Tuesday, July 3, 2012

1. Write 10 physical abilities you are grateful for.


I've thought long and hard about this. I've thought I would put it in priority, but that was hard to imagine not having these physical abilities at all. Yet, there are many people who go through life with disabilities. Sometimes we take these things for granted, but I am grateful that I have them.

1. Brain: I am grateful that I have a brain that has common sense and allows me to think, learn, process information, helps my body move. That has to be my number one thing I am grateful for.

2. Ears that hear: Hearing music, singing, people talking .... just hearing what is going on is such a blessing. I would miss it dearly if I couldn't hear. I wouldn't want to be deaf.

3. Eyes to see: I can't imagine what it would be like to be blind. To miss out on the beauty that surrounds us. I wouldn't be able to drive. I know life would adjust and you would feel things, but without eye sight, I would miss so much beauty, color, season changes, majestic landscapes, and so on.

3. Nose to smell. Can you imagine not having the ability to smell? Sometimes you may wish you wouldn't smell "that" ... but there is beauty in smelling a flower, a loaf of bread as it comes out of the oven, the earth after rain. I love my senses!

4. Speaking: I love to talk. I guess I could continue to pound away on a keyboard, but I love the ability to communicate my needs, wants and with friends and family. Sometimes I like to talk to much! There is joy in good conversation.

5. Hands: Hand accomplish many things each day. They are invaluable. Life would be extremely hard not having fingers that bend to pick something up or put something on. Wow, the thought makes me shudder. I need my hands to work, play, write, plant, draw, scratch and many more things. I'm grateful that I have hands that work.

6. Taste/tongue: I can't imagine not being able to taste. The warmth that spreads through my senses as I eat something yummy like Chocolate, fruit, breads, and just everything. To enjoy each mouthful as you provide nutrients to you body. I love to taste - maybe too much! ha ha ha!

7. Teeth: I love to bite into things. I would hate to have to "gnaw" on things and miss out of things that you can't gnaw on with a gummy mouth. You would miss out on so many yummy things if you didn't have teeth. Make sure you take care of them!

8. Arms: Along with hands - it would be a hard life if you couldn't reach for things or hug someone.

9. Legs and feet: Being in a wheel chair would make me mobile, but having the ability to move, run, dance, and walk on my own is priceless!

10. Heart that loves. Amen!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin