Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

MHS Fall Choir Concert 2011

Last night I was able to attend Meridian High Schools Fall Choir Concert.

Brady was in choir his Freshman year but he hasn't been involved in choir again until this year. I have missed going to the concerts.

I enjoyed attending the concert. However, I get really frustrated EVERY TIME at the choice of music the director comes up with. It's not good music, or music that you can understand. I discussed this with Brady and he said the kind I want is "candy" music. Well, what is wrong with that? There is such great music out there that I don't understand picking music that the audience doesn't appreciate. The students must learn techniques and that is why they torture us with this kind of music. I just don't get it, because I love opera and classical music. I didn't even like the selections, so I wonder if the average person enjoyed it. I just don't understand why they don't sing better songs.

I'll quit complaining, because I did enjoy it. Here are the different choirs.
 New Dimensions, Jazz Choir.
I loved their outfits!
Jazz choir is always my favorite.

They sang:
"Come Fly with Me"
"Stardust"
"It Don't Mean a Thing"

Then the Ladies A Cappella Choir sang "Goody, Goody" while they choirs switched on stage.
 The next choir was the "Concert Choir".

They Sang:
"Hebrew Rounds"
"Down By the Riverside"
"Tama Tu"
"Showdown"
 Then the A Cappella Men's Choir sang while the choirs changed on the stage. They sang: "I've Got the World on a String"
 Then the Treble Choir sang the following songs:
"Psalm 100"
"Ubi Caritas"
"Good News"
 While the next choirs changed stage, Jake and Rachel did a song. It was pretty good!
Lastly Brady's A Cappella Choir sang:
"True Light"
"I Am in Need of Music"
"Doin' It A Cappella" 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin