Sunday, May 1, 2016

Weight Loss Journey Week 7

This week I lost 3. 6 pounds!

Here are the steps I walked this past week:
Sun, April 24: 7320 steps
Mon, April 25: 9867 steps
Tues, April 26: 14054 steps
Wed, April 27: 9280 steps
Thurs, April 28: 10734 steps
Fri, April 29: 9461 steps
Sat, April 30: 7166 steps

I had to do a mental shake down this week. I've been pretty discouraged about my team. The challenge has been going on for 4 weeks and we are half way through the challenge - 4 more weeks. Unfortunately the members of the team are not participating in the challenge anymore. I am so gung ho on meeting every aspect of the challenge and it's sad to be one of the few of our 22 team members who are active. In fact on the optional point earning challenge this week, it's only me and 1 other team member participating. Very discouraging. 

When we signed up for the challenge - these were to rules:
All members are expected to be ACTIVE - 

1) post points to the Weekly Challenges 
2) post exercise minutes 
3) do Weekly Weigh Ins. 

Please consider this before choosing to join the X-WEIGHTED Challenge and be ready to commit to this Challenge for 8 weeks. 

I had to reevaluate why I'm doing this. I decided that I'm not doing this for my team anymore - but really I'm doing this for me. 
 Even though I lost 3.6 pounds last week, I haven't been doing too well on my goals this week. 
I think a little discouragement about the team made me mad and I just didn't care anymore.

Also, my work week was a lot harder and I became exhausted and stressed. These 2 things combined made me want to reach for comfort food. Also stress shuts my body down.

Wednesday was a long work day with one of my largest house - who had guests staying with them and they had a huge party - so every inch of the house was very dirty and it took extra time to get it all clean.

 Thursday was and extremely hard work day. Here is the rant I had on facebook. I usually try to only post positive stuff and remain positive, but I had to rant. It was a very bad day for me. My rant:

***(I wish I could shake this feeling of annoyance. It's been an extremely difficult week. First a customer needed to change days - which isn't that big of a deal - but did require me to move 3 customers to grant her a change.

Today I was going to do a move out clean 1/2 way and finish it over the weekend before Sunday May 1st. I'm cleaning away and my customer calls and informs me that the landlord wants to finish the walk through today. I move my afternoon customer to tomorrow (2nd time move - as her cleaning day was Wednesday). I work my butt off for 9 hours straight from 8 am - 5 pm. No breaks. Cleaning every drawer, cabinet, closet, baseboard, fridge, stove, windows where their dogs smugged, floors, light fixtures - every thing to make the house look brand new. I'm sure the house wasn't that clean when they moved in. 

At 4 pm the landlord arrives with some staging people and I still have to vacuum the great room and  need to clean the laundry room, bonus room and 1 more bathroom. They want me to leave the floors un-vacuumed and leave. I couldn't do that and leave my customers the tenants at risk of not getting their deposit back and not doing the job they paid me for.

The first thing the landlord and staging people do is go to the areas that I haven't cleaned and plan out what they are going to stage in 1/4 of the house that isn't finished. They leave the 3/4 of the house that IS clean and bug me and get in my way. Pushing me to not do my job - even though they moved the walk through up 3 days - pushing me to work my butt off to meet this unrealistic time line with no notice.

Then as I'm leaving she is in that last bathroom checking it out (by the garage door). Seeing that the grout is still wet from mopping and she is on her knees looking at the floor as they rush me to finish and leave. Like I did something to ruin the floor because some of the grout looks darker because it's a little wet. 

I did a fantastic job cleaning the house and it just makes me crazy that she was acting like such a witch with a capital B! It also brought back flashbacks of being a renter. I'm so thankful that I own my own home.

I wish I could get over this anxiety annoyance. I'm sure I'll have to take a sleeping pill tonight because I am just not settling down. I shouldn't take this stuff so personally - to get my customer their deposit back - which I'm sure they didn't because I believe these people are the kind that pick everything apart so they don't have to pay out the deposit. Oh, the scam and injustice of landlords. ARGH! I really need to settle down. *****

When I got home Thursday my adrenalin was just pumping. I went on my walk and did my exercise bike ride trying to settle down and get tired. It didn't work - but it was a great work out. I also was dehydrated because I didn't stop to go get my cooler from the car and get extra bottles of water.

Friday I was over hungry, exhausted and needed comfort food - although I did stay in my calorie range barely. Saturday I completely went off the wagon. I decided to just have a day off from a diet and just ate what ever I wanted. I paid for it all night Saturday night - with acid reflux from over eating. Serves me right.

 I'm back on track today. This is for me, not my team - but for me. I'm pretty sure I'll have a weight gain this next week. Oh well, it's going to be a long journey to get the weight off and I'm sure there will be hick-ups along the way. The ultimate way to meet my goal is to pick myself up, dust off the guilt and press forward on the journey. 

Here is my nutrition for the week:
 Sunday
 Monday
 Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday - went to Burger King between houses and got a cheese burger. It could have been much worse, and I was proud of myself for just having a cheese burger. 

Also for dinner I had 2 bean burritos. At least I had pre-planned and had low calorie tortillas. I was at the top of my range but at least I was still in range.

Oh, and Jason had a package of Chips Ahoy cookies and I had 9 cookies. So bad, but so yummy. 
Saturday I just went wild. This is not all that I ate, but enough to know that the day was totally out of control. Jason and I decided to have some Papa Murphy pizza's I hate 1/2 a pizza - part for lunch and part for dinner. Yup, it was just one bad diet day. Oh well. I'm not going to worry about it. 
Today is a new day. I'm back on track and determined to get the weight off. 

I'm still on track for my 100 day goal of riding my exercise bike daily. I'm on day 50 of riding it for 30 minutes or more!! Woo Hoo!
In April, I was one of the top leaders for SparkPoints and was the Top leader for Fitness Minutes! Woo Hoo!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin