Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group
Click to Join Happy Clean Living Facebook Group.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Monthly Meal Planning


It's been a few years since I've had to plan a menu for more then myself. With Jason moving back home, I decided it was time to get back into the groove of menu planning on a budget.

I had to go to the grocery store and stock up on staples yesterday (I was almost out of flour). Before I made my list and went to the store, I made a menu for the month. I did the majority of shopping for everything on this list and hope I don't have to do another major shopping for another month. We will have to pick up milk and perishables like fruit and vegetables, but that should only be small purchases.

I really hate shopping! I find I spend less if I do a major purchase once a month and try to go as long as I can before I have to step foot into a store again. It saves me money. 

I've planned the basic things we usually cook. I need to start checking my Pinterest Recipes and change up our menu next month. 

I loved the printable and EDITABLE menu above from No Ordinary Moments. 
I loved planning for the whole month.

I didn't add breakfast, lunch or snacks to the menu because that doesn't need much thought. 

Breakfast Choices:
Cereal
Eggs, Bacon, Toast
Pancakes
Waffles
Biscuits and Gravy
Oatmeal with fruit

Lunch:
Leftovers
Sandwiches
Soup
Salad

Snacks
Homemade Cookies
Chips
Fruit
Popcorn
Ice Cream

It's nice to cook for more then one person. Plus, this let's Jason know what we are eating. I really want him to quit eating fast food, out to eat or going to the store multiple times a week. 

It's better to be frugal and help him get back on his feet. The goal is to get him into a place of his own  again by keeping to a budget and planning for the future. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin