Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group
Click to Join Happy Clean Living Facebook Group.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

MHS Fall Choir Concert 2011

Last night I was able to attend Meridian High Schools Fall Choir Concert.

Brady was in choir his Freshman year but he hasn't been involved in choir again until this year. I have missed going to the concerts.

I enjoyed attending the concert. However, I get really frustrated EVERY TIME at the choice of music the director comes up with. It's not good music, or music that you can understand. I discussed this with Brady and he said the kind I want is "candy" music. Well, what is wrong with that? There is such great music out there that I don't understand picking music that the audience doesn't appreciate. The students must learn techniques and that is why they torture us with this kind of music. I just don't get it, because I love opera and classical music. I didn't even like the selections, so I wonder if the average person enjoyed it. I just don't understand why they don't sing better songs.

I'll quit complaining, because I did enjoy it. Here are the different choirs.
 New Dimensions, Jazz Choir.
I loved their outfits!
Jazz choir is always my favorite.

They sang:
"Come Fly with Me"
"Stardust"
"It Don't Mean a Thing"

Then the Ladies A Cappella Choir sang "Goody, Goody" while they choirs switched on stage.
 The next choir was the "Concert Choir".

They Sang:
"Hebrew Rounds"
"Down By the Riverside"
"Tama Tu"
"Showdown"
 Then the A Cappella Men's Choir sang while the choirs changed on the stage. They sang: "I've Got the World on a String"
 Then the Treble Choir sang the following songs:
"Psalm 100"
"Ubi Caritas"
"Good News"
 While the next choirs changed stage, Jake and Rachel did a song. It was pretty good!
Lastly Brady's A Cappella Choir sang:
"True Light"
"I Am in Need of Music"
"Doin' It A Cappella" 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin