Saturday, August 28, 2010

Book Review: "The Mocking Jay" 3rd book in The Hunger Games


I finished The Mocking Jay last night.

I was horrified!

It was depressing!

It was WAR!

I guess I knew it was going to be war .... but didn't realize to what extent.

It was awful!

Loss of life - key characters.

Gale or Peeta - for Katniss? I knew who I was rooting for - but there were lots of twists and turns. I didn't think anything would work out.

There wasn't any romance, no humor, nothing good. It was tense.

Each chapter was a cliff hanger and hard to put down.

But, the horror was too much that I had to put it down and walk away.

I'm still trying to process it.

Overall - it was a very sad, horrifying book. But, I guess that is what comes from war AND government control.  No one is ever the same - or - sane.

It was hard to know who to trust and lots of twists and turns.
You find out why President Snows breath smelled like blood. I thought vampire or something. It was quite a shocker when the truth comes out about that evil man.  

Very sad...

I'm not sure I'm glad about getting this book on CD before I read the book. Probably not a good move. I just didn't see the series ending this way.

What did you think?

4 comments:

Zoey said...

REALLY? I am totally bummed out about this! I was really looking forward to this.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Interesting to read your review. I had a hard time with the first books.
I initially read these books because of your reviews on them. I didn't LOVE those, but everyone kept telling me to keep reading them. I don't think I'll read Mockingjay.

healy said...

I am still reading this book, not yet done. . Love the stories thoughts, so undescribable

g3rard said...

I am not really a fan of a FIRST PERSON writers. I find it unfair for not to have an idea on what other characters think and views.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin