Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Recipe: French Toast

This summer Brady has been making himself breakfast when he gets up. I've been very proud of his cooking skills and effort to make himself a great breakfast. One morning he wanted to make french toast and he looked through my recipe book, but couldn't find a recipe. He asked me to take pictures and put it in my recipe book and to teach him.
He makes me smile :-D.

I basically just throw things together, but for him I will put a recipe.
You will need:
Eggs - I use one egg per 2 pieces of bread
Milk - I use my mixed up powered milk I have in my fridge to rotate my powdered milk.
Vanilla
Our shaker of cinnamon and sugar

Bread of course.


I'm going to make 4 pieces of french toast, so I will use 2 eggs in a shallow bowl.

Add 1/4 cup of milk for the two eggs.


A cap full of vanilla.


Mix with a fork - you can add a couple of shakes of the cinnamon and sugar too.


Coat both sides of the bread.


Put on a hot griddle. I then coat the battered bread with cinnamon and sugar over the whole top of the bread.


Let cook for a couple of minutes and then flip over and cook the other side.


Yum! A nice breakfast of french toast, eggs, bacon, syrup, orange juice and chocolate milk.

I was busy taking pictures and setting the table - when I started to smell plastic burning.

Ooooops!


My microwave cover (that I put on the bacon to keep warm) was set on a hot burner on the stove. boo hoo!! I guess it will still work - just with more vent. At least it will still keep my microwave clean.. :-(

1 comment:

Zoey said...

Oh no! Maybe Brady will know something that he can get you for Christmas!?!?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin