Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Recipe: Taco Salad

This is a favorite recipe from when I was a little girl. It's a great way to eat chili. It's simple and delicious.

Ingredients:
Lettuce
Tomato
Frito's
Chili
Cheese
My mom used to make this in a cake pan for our whole family. Since there are only two in this family, I usually make it in individual portions. This is not good as a left over, you make only as much as you can eat at one sitting.

We always just made this in layers.

Start with a layer of lettuce.
Top with diced tomatoes.
Then add a layer of Frito's.
Spoon HOT chili over the Frito's.
Cover with cheese. Usually the cheese just melts on top of the hot chili, but you can put in oven until it melts or microwave for a minute until the cheese melts.

It's easy and yummy! One of my childhood favorites.

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I have never thought to try this with fritos! My husband loves fritos.. so I'm going to give it a try! Thanks!!!

Michelle said...

we love this!! I grew up calling them "American tacos" but my husband calls it taco salad. So I usually call it Frito taco salad so everyone knows what we are having for dinner.

We use black beans instead of chili, but chili sounds really good!

I love that you take pictures to share--I usually forget to take pictures of food I make, until there is only leftovers ☺

Valerie said...

This looks good and easy!

By the way, thanks for the beautiful card you sent. I just got it today. You have the prettiest handwriting!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin