Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group
Click to Join Happy Clean Living Facebook Group.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Hummingbird Dance

There are certain times in my garden cycle that I always see hummingbirds seek out a feast of nectar.
 In the spring when the honeysuckle vine is in bloom and near the fall when the obedience plant is in bloom. 

I love it when they are regularly in my yard!

Today when I looked out the window I saw 2 hummingbirds in a dance. They were either trying to scare one another off or doing a love dance. They would fly in sync through the yard and then find some nectar to drink.

Here are a few pictures!
 The obedience plant is in purple. I've pointed out the hummingbird with a white arrow. 

There are two birds, one with a red tail and the other all gray. 
 Here is the gray one. 
 The red one  .... and on the far right hand side is a flash of the gray one. 
 The gray one decided to find other nectar and came to the patio hanging baskets. This poor fuchsia basket has been having a hard time in 100 degree weather, but it's still hanging on. 
 Now the red tailed hummingbird found a beautiful Zinnia to feast on. 
This time of year when everything is big and blooming - it gives me such joy. 

I do love my garden and all the creatures who enjoy to feast on nectar here. 

Please come again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin