Sunday, July 26, 2015

Richard's Visit Equals Staycation Part 1

My younger brother Richard and his family, Rhonda, Tymber and Hope came to see me on their vacation. It was a huge bonus for me because it ended up being a staycation for me too. 

They arrived on Monday, July 13th. After unloading their car we visiting and barbecued some hamburgers and had some yummy dinner. They had been planning and saving for a school shopping trip. We planned to have all our activities low cost and that is just what we did.   

That evening we headed over to Meridian Pool for some free swimming. It was their "Free Swimming Canned Food Drive" event. We were able to swim free if for bringing 2 cans of food or 1 jar of peanut butter. After re-doing my storage pantry, I had a ton of canned corn. It was nice to donate some of that to the Meridian Food bank and letting us swim for free.
The pool was freezing though, but we had a fun time. We went during the free swim 7:15 pm - 8:15 pm. It was a great way to start off our vacation. 

Tuesday I went off to work while they went school shopping at Gordman's one of our favorite  places to shop.

When I returned home from work we met up for lunch. I took them to lunch at The Village in Meridian to Grimaldi's Pizzeria. We sat on the patio so we could enjoy the fountains.
Tymber took a video of the fountain dance while we were eating. Loved the classical music.

While Richard, Rhonda and I sat and visited after lunch, the girls headed over to "It's Sugar" to buy some candy. Here are some Minion pictures of the girls and a couple of big candy shots. Too much fun!
 Miss Minion Hope
 Miss Minion Tymber
 Now that's a big box of Nerds. 
Tuesday evening we barbecued some chicken, had garlic potatoes, veggies and watermelon. Sharon was able to stop by and visit. Jason was scheduled to work every evening during their visit so he wasn't able to come for a visit. We sure missed him, but was super glad Sharon was able to come after work and join us for dinner. 

Day one and Day two of my Staycation! We had such a ton of fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin