Saturday, June 28, 2014

Recipe: Peanut Butter Crisscrosses Cookies

This is one of my favorite cookies! I've always loved them since I was a little girl. My children never loved them as much I do, their loss because they are soft and yummy!

Peanut Butter Crisscrosses Cookies:

1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Thoroughly cream together the shortening, sugars eggs and vanilla.
Stir in peanut butter.
Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix well.

Roll into one-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. 
Press each cookie with back of a fork - one way and then the other way - making a crisscross pattern.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 9 minutes or until lightly brown. Be sure not to over cook - which makes the cookie hard and not soft. I just always go for 9 minutes. 

Melt in your mouth deliciousness!
Love them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin