Saturday, April 19, 2014

Wicked - April 2014


In October 2013 we did a group purchase for Wicked that was scheduled to be in Boise April 2014. We decided to purchase the front row seats and were on row B. It was AWESOME being so close. 
 Lots of my family from Pocatello were coming for the show, so I decided to make it extra fun by having a Wicked party.
 I made these fun cup cakes. I made a white cake mix and colored the batter pink for the good witch and green for the other good witch. The crowns were purchased from Zurchers and the witches hats were made from a chocolate coin and a Hershey's kiss. They turned out pretty cute and yummy. 
 I made gift boxes for everyone. The green baskets were purchased at the Dollar Tree 2 for $1.00 - such a great deal. I put green Easter grass in the bottom. The front treats were Tin Man kisses, which I thought was such a cute treat idea.

I wanted to make yellow rice crispy treats and cut like a yellow brick road, but never had time to do it once everyone arrived. I also wanted to make witches brooms out of a cheese string and a pretzel but never got those made either. But, it's a great idea for next time. There were some many fun ideas on Pintrest to make a Wicked party special. 
 This is the girls basket. The wand, witch's potion bubbles, the "Wicked - Defying Gravity" pen and the glasses (to go to the Emerald City) and the ear ring (kit) from Oriental Trading.
One Short Day is the song when they go to the Emerald City.

We all took our glasses to the performance and put them on during the song. Just getting into the show - like the bunch of nerds we are *wink.
 The boys had a key chain instead of ear rings (which I made with the earrings) and no finger nail polish for the boys. . 

 The ear rings came as a kit - not put together. I kept procrastinating putting them together, but I finally finished them. 
 They turned out really cute!!!!
 
I didn't want them to get lost in the basket, so I attached them to a sign I found on Pinterest. 

Defying Gravity!!!!
 Faith (Zoey's daughter), Zoey Michelle (Brandon - not shown), Sondra, (Kate in front of me), Rhonda and Autumn, my sister Cindy and Jason and Sharon all watched WICKED!! We had to get a picture of us with our glasses on and our finger nails painted. 
The night before the show we always watch "The Wizard of Oz" and we painted our finger nails green while watching the movie. My hands are the "old looking hands on the left side, Zoey Michelle's on the bottom and Faith is on the right had side. It was lots of fun!!

 More pictures!
 Zoey Michelle's family minus Dawson. All ready to go to WICKED!! Can't wait!!
 Jason and Sharon.
 Brandon, Zoey Michelle, Cindy, Faith and Sondra. 
Outside the Morrison Center after the show. It was WONDERFUL! 

WE LOVE WICKED! 

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Again, lets go again!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin