Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Book Review: Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

Over this past year I have had my nose in a book constantly. I never turn on the TV anymore, just have my nose in a book or listening to audio books. One of my favorite books I've read this past year is Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson. 
This is my all time favorite book. I've re-read it many times and have also purchased this as an audible book on my kindle. The audio book is Narrated by Emily Elizabeth Hamilton, I just loved her narration. 


My all time favorite author and now my all time favorite narrator all in one wonderful book. Everyone I've told about this book has loved it, if you haven't read it yet - you must!

Here is a little bit about this book:

Set in nineteenth-century England, Edenbrooke is the story of Marianne Daventry, who is sent to Bath by her father after the untimely death of her mother. Marianne Daventry will do anything to escape the boredom of Bath and the amorous attentions of an unwanted suitor. So when an invitations arrives from her twin sister, Cecily, to join her at a sprawling country estate, she jumps at the chance. Thinking she'll be able to relax and enjoy her beloved English countryside while her sister snags the handsome heir of Endenbrooke, Marianne finds that even the best laid plans can go awry.

From a terrifying run-in with a highwayman to a seeminly harmless flirtation, Marianne finds herself embroiled in an unexpected adventure filled with enough romance and intrigue to keep her mind racing. Will Marianne be able to rein in her traitorous heart, or will a mysterious stranger sweep her off her fee? Fate had something other than a relaxing summer in mind when it sent Marriane to Edenbrooke.

A couple of my favorite quotes found on Pinterest about Edenbrooke - LOVE!



I'm also excited that Julianne Donaldson has a 2nd book coming out in September called: "Blackmoore". I can hardly wait and will be purchasing it the day it is available! Squeal!


1 comment:

CB said...

Sondra thanks for a great book review. I will have to check it out. Hope you are doing great!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin