Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Monday, May 9, 2011

Book Review: "The List" by Melanie Jacobson

The List
By Melanie Jacobson
Loved it!! It was such a fun book. I read a review that said it was like Dessert. It's just fun!

Being an ever single woman that I am ... I loved the banter between Ashley and Matt. (I never did that flirting stuff when I was single ... she is a pretty bold woman).

Here is what is says in the back of the book:

"Ashley Barrett doesn't want to get married. At least, not anytime soon. She doesn't care how many of her friends and family members and fellow churchgoers had weddings before they finished college - the lst thing she needs in her fun-loving twenties is the deadweight of some guy. And that's why she created The List. By the time she completes all twenty-five goals --- from learning a language to skydiving to perfecting the art of making sushi -- she'll be more ready to settle down. Maybe.

This summer in California is a prime time for Ashley to cross two items off the list: Learn to surf (#13) and have a summer romance (#17). And Matt Gibson, the best surf instructor in Huntington Beach and the most wanted guy in the singles ward, is the perfect man for the job. Ashley hatches a plan to love him and leave him before heading off to grad school in the fall (#4, get a master's degree). But when Matt decides he doesn't like the "leaving" part, Ashley's carefully laid plans are turned sideways. Now Ashley faces an unexpected dilemma: should she stick to the safety of The List, or risk everything for a love that may tie her down -- or might set her free?"

This book has made me really think about goals. The time is coming quick when I become a single woman again (in only 1 more year). What do I want to do with the next 50 years of my life. What goals do I have and want to accomplish?

When I was 22 years old and became a single mom, my world ended. It was time to make a home and provide for my family. I've been doing that for the past 26 years and it's been a big job on my own. 
The things I always wanted was to be a wife and mother ... done sorta
Purchase a home... done on my own!

I think those have been the biggies - along with keeping food on the table, bills paid, provide for my children and give them a wonderful life. 

But, now it is time to focus on what I want to do. This book has made me think .. I don't have a list yet -- but want to have one within this next year. That is the question --- who am I if not a mother and what do I want to do in this lifetime? 

I loved this book a lot - it was dessert! I'm actually 1/2 through it a 2nd time. It may be a single girl thing .. but I loved it, it put me in a good silly mood. It made me happy as I read it. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin