Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Recipe: Banana Cake

I loved this recipe! A great way to use old bananas instead of banana bread all the time. I love the spices in the cake. Yum!
I'm not sure what internet site/blogspot I got this recipe from. If it was yours, leave a link and I will add it (or add it when I find it again - sorry).
Banana Cake (I made Banana cup cakes)

1 stick butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
3 well mashed bananas

Cream the butter and brown sugar. 
Add eggs, vanilla and sour cream.
Combine the dry ingredients and add. 
Add the bananas last.

From the recipe instructions: Pour into greased 9x9 pan and bake 325 degrees for 40 minutes or until done. The center of this cake always sinks just a bit when it's done ... it's okay.

I'm not sure why she cooked it at 325 - But I did mine at 350. Cake for 30 minutes. Cupcakes for 18 - 20 minutes. Mine didn't sink in the middle. ??? Use your best judgement.

Frost. Keep cake in the refrigerator. You may freeze this cake. Put waxed paper over the frosting then wrap the entire pan in foil. 

The reason I made cup cakes was to freeze them. They froze great and now I can pull out enough for my small family for a dessert after dinner - without them going bad and wasting them.  

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 8 ounce brick cream cheese
2 TBSP butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

Beat the butter and cream cheese until well combined. Beat in the vanilla and powdered sugar. Spread on a completely cooled cake. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin