Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Book Reviews: Rebound and Promise of Spring

I've been a book worm lately and loving every minute of it. I found a couple of great books on the discount aisle at Deseret Book and had to purchase them. 
 Here is what the back of the book says:

Lily's life is perfect ---
a perfect lie.

With a successful husband, a gorgeous home, and a growing family, Lily Drake has it all. But when the FBI shows up, she realizes her husband is not the man she thought he was. 

Meanwhile, Lily's friend Curtis is about to be drafted by the NBA, but he suddenly feels pulled to find his birth family, and no one is prepared for what he'll discover. With so many obstacles in their way, Lily and Curtis must learn to rely on each other if they're ever going to find peace and learn to love again. 

I purchased this book for only $2.99 - Yes!!!
I LOVED it!

From the first chapter I was pulled in. I couldn't believe what happens to Lily. What a TERRIBLE husband. As a divorced woman, this made me feel like I sure had it easy. I couldn't believe the tragedy and sadness from her husbands lies and fraud. It completely destroyed Lily's life, her son's life and her soon to be delivered baby. Yikes! I wanted to read and read to see how she could manage after the FBI took everything and left her homeless. Oh my goodness!

The story isn't just about boy meets girl and the romance that follows. This story talks about family ties, fraud, trust, adoption, mean in-laws and what it takes to overcome the past so you can move forward. WOW! Loved it!
Here is what the back of the book says:

Melinda Keith was never a "farm person". She grew up in Albuquerque with electric lights, gas heating, and two cars in the driveway. But after a painful divorce, she decides that life on an isolated farm in the Texas Panhandle is exactly what she needs. Fiercely independent, Melinda is determined to live completely off the land and keep other people at a distance.

But then Ryan Delaney, a handsome widower with a two-year-old son, moves in next door. He insists on helping Melinda with her farming chores and is stubborn enough to make Melinda's carefully built walls of self-isolation begin to crumble. 

Meanwhile, sinister acts of vandalism make it clear that not everyone is happy about Ryan Delaney's arrival, whoever is behind them wants him gone - and is willing to resort to just about anything. Will Ryan and Melinda's blossoming relationship be able to withstand the storms. 

OK, after reading that - can you see why I like it? Divorce, isolation, independent... hmmmmmm
Strong woman! 

I bought this book for $6.99 - great deal too. I loved it. Only.... where is my cute single man next door to help me break down these walls --- giggle. Only in books. I did like it a lot! I want to have a farm, live off the land and be more isolated... I just need lots of money.... Then maybe some cute single neighbor will sweep me off my feet too... ha ha! 

Two great books!

2 comments:

Pitterle Postings said...

Love the reviews. They sound like wonderful books. I will have to keep my eye out for sales!!

Zoey said...

Are you going to share? I want to read these both!!! I am working on Thinking in Pictures by Temple Grandin. A good book, but slow read.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin