Friday, June 18, 2010

Movie Review - " Train Your Dragon" & "Wimpy Kid"

Last weekend Brady and I hit the dollar movie theater and watched "How to Train Your Dragon"..
I LOVED IT!
The voices for the characters were lots of fun. (My total heart throb :-D ) Gerard Butler (Yum, Yum) was the voice of his father and Craig Ferguson is the voice of the dragon killing teacher. Both have great accents that made it interesting and enjoyable.
Hiccup is the boy dragon trainer and toothless is the dragon. I'm going to have to own this and add it to my collection. (It could be the voice of Gerard Butler that makes my heart twitter - ha ha ha)

Oh yeah!! I had to put a picture of Gerard and as the phantom too.. (I loved him as the phantom and loved him singing in P.S. I Love You.. great voice)
 
I didn't mean to make this about Gerard... but I had to throw a few delightful pictures to make me smile..


We also saw The Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie.
Nope, I didn't like it at all. I thought it would be lots of laughs about dorky things kids do... but it wasn't.

As a person, I am a totally people pleas-er - so this character was awful for me to even like. I thought it was mean, rude, judgemental, and basically selfish and not nice. I didn't think it was cute or funny at all.

I kept telling Brady - this is the worst movie - through the whole thing. Don't see it - and if you did - I'm sorry.

3 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Bummer on wimpy kid. I was hoping it would be a good one!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Gerard Butler.........I saw him on some movie a few months ago and he didn't look hot at all. He was sorta scummy looking. It had Jennifer Anniston. I have no idea which one.
Anyway, I'll have to go see how to train your dragon.

Valerie said...

I actually didn't like either movie. I am not very into animation so that wasn't much of a surprise to me. (I know--something is wrong with me.)

I agree with the Diary of a Whimpy Kid. I didn't read the book so I didn't realize that the main character was such a jerk. And I didn't think it was funny either. Did you see Letter to Juliet? I saw it on a girls' night out and thought it was cute.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin