Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group
Click to Join Happy Clean Living Facebook Group.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Homemade Salted Nut Rolls

Somehow I've become the "treat mom" with Brady's friends. I think it is because I'm probably one of the few moms who cook from scratch. Brady was asked to bring treats for the overnight schools out party. I made chocolate chip cookies, homemade Twix bars and Salted Nut Rolls - plus I sent strawberries and watermelon with the fruit spread made from strawberry cream cheese and marshmallow cream ---yummy!
Kimmie over at Pink Cookies with Sprinkles posted a no bake recipe for Salted Nut Rolls. I had to try them! Here is the link to the recipe.
This was such an easy recipe. I wonder though if you could forgo the peanut butter chips and just use peanut butter.... hmmmm. (I always have peanut butter in my food storage - not so much with the chips - however, I may have to add them just for this recipe).

They are really light and gooey.. Mine look more gooey then hers does - but I'm sure they taste the same.
I wrapped them individually and put them in the fridge. They are really rich - that is what I love about homemade treats - they fill you up!

I will definitely make these again - VERY EASY and good! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

I made these a few weeks ago.
We all loved them.

gigi said...

I think I would love them. I'll let you know when I make them. Love baking better than cooking.

Kimmie said...

You are an awesome mom!! Homemade treats, strawberries, watermelon and fruit spread!! I am always amazed at how much effort you put into everything for your kids.

I thought I was an effort person, but then I look at you and all you do and feel like I only do a fraction of the effort that you do.

You inspire me greatly Sondra!

Your Salted Nut Rolls look delicious!! I bet peanut butter would be a great thing to try. I usually have everything in my food storage but the peanut butter chips and peanuts, so that would be a great thing to try making them with peanut butter instead.

Homemade treats are the best, especially when they're made by such a wonderful mom who puts so much love into everything she does like YOU do!!

Hope you're having a great week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin