They asked me what speed my connection is through Qwest. I pulled out my bill and saw that I was paying for 1.5 speed. They went to this site called http://www.speedtest.net/ (a free service) to see the speed of my Internet was. I was only at .4 or .5 of speed - very slow for what I was paying for.
I called a Qwest tech support person and had her figure out why I wasn't getting the speed I have been paying for (for at least 4 years)..
We found out the culprit was a telephone filter. Yes, both of these filters were on the line BEFORE my computer connection was plugged in. This was causing my slow speed.