Friday, October 23, 2009

Elder Kevin Stadlbauer has Returned With Honor

Kevin and his brother Shawn
Last week our missionary, and my nephew returned from serving an honorable mission in Serbia. It was really nice to see him and hear how he has grown into a wonderful man. You can see the Lords hand in him and feel his testimony of missionary work.

My sister Cindy and her husband Kelly, my Mom in mauve, Kevin behind her, Chris my oldest sister and Kevin's mother and her husband Kurt, Sondra and Brady, Shawn and his girlfriend.

This is our picture after church. Kevin gave a very inspiring and touching report of his mission. It was wonderful!
Grandma Zoey and Elder Kevin Stadlbauer. We had a nice family dinner Saturday night. It was great to get together and enjoy having Kevin home.
Missing from this picture is the eldest son, Justin - he snuck out before we took pictures. My sister Christine has 3 sons. Shawn the youngest, Kevin the middle and returned missionary, and the proud parents Chris and Kurt. They were not ready for this picture - but I thought it was fun!
Now this is a great family picture - minus Justin.

10 Gifts to Bring Home From a Mission.
President Gordon B. Hinckley

1. Knowledge of God and Christ.
2. Knowledge and love for scriptures.
3. Increased love for parents.
4. Love people who you serve.
5. Appreciation for hard work.
6. Knowledge of importance of teamwork.
7. Recognition of importance of good dress and demeanor.
8. Appreciation of the beauty and value of personal virtue.
9. Faith to act and courage to try.
10. Humility to pray.

I can say that Elder Kevin Stadlbauer brought home each of these gifts. He is a great example to our family and he served an honorable mission to the people of Serbia.

11 comments:

MOM said...

SONDRA THIS IS SO GREAT THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO DO. THIS.THE PICTURES ARE GREAT.... I REALLY ENJOYED THE TIME THERE. THE LOVE AND SPIRT THAT WAS THERE WAS UNBELIVEABLE. I AM SO PROUD OF MY CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN AND THE SPIRT THEY CARY WITH THEM.OUR KEVIN IS SUCH A GREAT MAN. OUR NEXT MISSIONARY SHAWN AND THEN BRADY HOW BLESSED ARE WE
MOM

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Please give my best to Elder Kevin Stadlbauer. He looks wonderful and happy. What a great accomplishment. I hope some day my son will have a change of heart and desire to serve our Lord. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Scrappy Girl said...

Welcome home Kevin! Loved getting to see your mom and more of your family!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Congrats! That is a great looking family and one that is thrilled to have a son home it looks like.

Robyn said...

Always glad that you take and post pictures! We were supposed to be in Boise that weekend but then had a change of plans for a Hubbys hunting trip- I am disappointed we missed it. I can't believe how big all my little cousins are!

Valerie said...

Everyone looks so happy and with good reason! Congrats to him for serving our Heavenly Father for two whole years and congrats to all of you to have him back with you (a new and improved version of him, it sounds like). I love the quote you included. I'm copying it.

Connie said...

Love the missionary homecomings! It's such an accomplishment for these young men to serve the full 2 years. Congrats to him and to your sister! Great family pictures!

Rhonda said...

Thanks for sharing Sondra. I feel bad we missed it. We can't wait to see everyone at Thanksgiving.

Zoey said...

Same here - we hated to miss it, but it didn't work out with colds and traveling to Utah two days later. I'm sure that his message was inspiring.

CB said...

How did I miss this post!
Welcome home Elder Kevin - Returned With Honor - I love that!!

Missionaries coming home is the best. I love all of your family gathering and the happy, proud smiles!! Congratulations!

Sondra before you know it Brady will be going!!!

kado! said...

What a happy homecoming! You can see the joy in all your faces!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin