Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Booootiful Food and Pumpkins

Every weekend I make breakfast. We never have cereal on the weekends, it's always the yummy stuff. Saturday I made ghostly pancakes with chocolate chip faces.
The idea came from Gourmet Mom on the Go and her pancake ghosts idea is here:
Sunday I made them again without the chocolate chip faces. Brady didn't really care for the chocolate chips in his pancake and picked them out on Saturday. He's no fun!
Sunday I made ghostly mashed potatoes. I got this idea from Cherie's blog last year when I started following her. Aren't they cute. I used olives for the eyes.
Then we slimed them with gravy. Such a cute easy idea. I just put mashed potatoes on a baggie and snipped of the corner and squeezed out the mashed potatoes.

We had a really nice Sunday dinner with a roasted chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, relish tray with olives, raspberry muffins, and apple juice. Jason and Sharon came over later and enjoyed the food tooooo - but didn't want cute ghostly mashed potatoes -- they missed out on all the fun. I told them we need to start having Sunday family dinners.
At church on Sunday, the Primary Presidency gave all the teachers a treat for Halloween. A mummy candy bar. aaaaahhhhh
Here is the back "Been Dyin' to tell you how much we appreciate you in Primary". That was very nice and thoughtful. Spoiled teachers!
These are the three pumpkins we grew in our garden this year. Yeah! I don't have to purchase any this year to carve!!!!!
This is the pumpkin Brady painted during my Primary class party. He painted both sides.
He did such a great job and is very talented. It sits on my coffee table in the living room. I love it! Thanks Brady for giving me such a fangtastic pumpkin!

10 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Sondra, those are way too cute! I love the mashed potatoes! Who knew?
I was thinking that maybe some people take Halloween just a bit too far......I now know that my thinking was correct!
You are crazy and I love it.

Small House said...

OHHHHH.....great ideas! I'm FOR SURE making those cute pancakes for my family Saturady along with the candy bars for the Relief Society teachers. YEAH....THANKS!

IF, I have enough energy I'll even give the mashed potatoes a try. They are adorable!!!!!
Sandra

Ann Marie said...

I was showing Chad your cute Spooky foods.. and he was like " She put Chocolate chips in the potatos??"
Ha-ha... I love all of it.. and we'll probably copy lots of your cute ideas!

We got garden pumpkins as well.. but I ended up buying some also.. The ones we carved will be thrown away after this weekend.. but I keep some cute pretty ones out until Thanksgiving! :)

With all of your creativity.. you need grandkids. :)

Marie said...

Thanks for sharing the great ideas--fun is always good! Congratulations on your pumpkins--they are looking better than mine, but every pumpkin needs a little character, right? :)

Kimmie said...

What FUN ideas!! We only eat pancakes on the weekends and so it is perfect that Halloween is on Saturday this year because that will be the perfect way to start off our Halloween day with Ghost Pancakes.

It always amazes me that you can take the simplest ingredients and fix them up a little bit differently and make the cutest holiday treats and meals.

I'm going to have to try the ghost mashed potatoes as well.

Blogging is SO much fun because we get SO many ideas to add FUN to everyday life with our kids!!

I have to agree you will be the BEST and most fun grandma in the world!! Have a wonderful day!

Zoey said...

I love the 'dying to tell you'. How cute is that??? I miss you!

rad6 said...

cute pancakes and ideas. I love the painted pumpkins. better than carving.
we are having pancakes tomorrow... I think ghosts and pumpkins. FUN!

Janice said...

Love the ideas. I will have to do the ghost pancakes this weekend. Everything was just fun to see.
Thanks for sharing.

Jill K said...

What fun ghost ideas! When my kids are older and I don't have to give them their food in chunks, i will have to try this.
Happy Halloween!

CB said...

Sondra I cannot believe Brady took the chocolate chips out of his pancakes - He is such a crack up!!!

Your little "ghosties" turned out cute - It is so fun to make Halloween food!

I love that they spoiled you in Primary!! You definately deserve it :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin