Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Recipe for Brownies and Chocolate Frosting.

Recipe for Brownies
Ingredients:
1 cup butter (room temperature)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
4 eggs, beaten well
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp. vanilla
Mix butter until smooth. Add 2 cups sugar and 1/2 cup cocoa and mix well.
Add 4 eggs that are beaten well to mixture. Add 1 1/2 cup flour and 2 tsp vanilla and mix well.
Put mixture in a 9" x 13" in pan. I grease my pan with Crisco and then powder with flour so it will not stick to the pan, then I add the batter. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Take from oven and top with 1 lb. miniature marshmallows. Bake in oven for 3 minutes. Let cool 1 hour.
Then top with chocolate frosting.
Here is the recipe I use for chocolate frosting.
1 stick or 1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder (recipe calls for 2/3 cup but that is too chocolaty for me)
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Butter is at room temperature and mix until smooth. Stir in cocoa and mix really well. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk. Stir in vanilla.

Add frosting on top of the marshmallows. Smooth frosting and you are done!
This is my sister Cindy's recipe... I love it when she has these made anytime I come to visit. They are very rich and so yummy! Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin