Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Book Review for A Christmas Melody by Anita Stansfield.


A Christmas Melody is my ALL TIME FAVORITE book. I have read it so many times and will continue to read it over and over my whole life through. Last year I started a tradition with Brady to read this each night during December. 

I think I have a Cinderella syndrome fantasy. I love it when any book or movie has a Cinderella and gets Prince Charming.  I don't know why I am built that way - I just know I love those kinds of stories. 

This is a heart breaking story of a girl who was raised in an abusive family. Through the neighbor lady down the street, she started to go to Primary and always remained strong in the gospel. She always had a testimony and fought her hole life to rise above her family. Her family never celebrated Christmas - in fact it was threatened by corporal punishment if they ever spoke about Christmas. To think of anyone never having Christmas or a Christmas present and living a life of abuse is heart breaking.

Her Prince Charming is drawn to her one day and he sets out to change her heart and share the Christmas spirit with her. 

I love Anita Stansfield books - I have read them all... But this one is my all time favorite. It's a small book - a quick read and warms my heart anytime time I ready it... any season, but especially for Christmas. 

Last year when I read it to Brady - I would start to cry and he would have to take over reading it. I cried too and was touched by the spirit of Christmas and our Savior so much.

It is a GREAT book! We are starting the book tonight!

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

I read this many years ago, and forgot about it. I don't even remember what it was about. I'll have to pick it up again sometime soon ( I hope! ).

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I completely agree with your analogy. So true my friend.
So true.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin