Saturday, October 18, 2014
I ran across this sheet of "Morning Motivations" for a healthier happier life, motivation to make my body healthy and to achieve the things I want. I've had for a while and thought I'd share it:
Begin every day with one of these thoughts and it will keep your "positive Mental Attitude" going all day!
1. Today is the beginning of a wonderful day! I can accomplish whatever I set for a goal. I'm a beautiful, caring human being and will care for my mind and body so that I will be proud of what I have planned for myself this day. My health is very important, so I will continue to eat and exercise for this endeavor and become the person I am working to become.
2. I am going to be disciplined today, have fun, and make it a wonderful day!
3. Anything is possible. I can make today anything I want it to be. All it takes is the desire to change and the will to do something about it.
4. I am going to do it this time. I look good, feel good, and I've come too far to blow it.
5. I want to do things at 100 percent -- not at 80, 70, or 90 -- because when I do things at 100 percent, my reward is usually 100 percent. Remember, success is hard work. Stick to it and that's it!
6. I'm terrific! I can do anything; I can accomplish any goal. I'll take the first step this morning, and at the end of the day write what I have accomplished for both persona and career goals. I congratulate myself on my accomplishments and get ready for a new day of discovery tomorrow. I am lucky for what I have and for what I have accomplished so far, but I can do so much more, if I only push harder.
7. My goal is to be a healthier person. I can achieve that by following my food plan and exercising.
8. I am happier than I have ever been in my life. I intend to be on this planet a long time. I am a wonderful human being, and I deserve a body that is strong and healthy.
9. This is my life and I want to be thin. I'll do it now so I can get on with my life as I've envisioned it.
10. I am special. I am a loving person, fun to be with, and I really like myself. If I was to be unable to lose any more weight than I have already lost, that would be okay, because I am special! But I know I can. I like myself enough to really work at lowering my weight to get in better shape and be healthy. I know I can do it. God loves me, I love me and I am special.
11. Today is another wonderful day. I'm going to stick to my food program because I choose to do it. I will not let anyone spoil the way I'm feeling right now.
12. I'm looking great and feeling great and I will continue with my food and exercise program.
13. I will never give up hope! There is hope for everything I believe in. With hope and faith I can stay on my food program. With hope for the future and faith in myself I can attain my goals. I can attain my goals. I love myself. I believe in myself and count my blessings. But above all, I will never give up hope.
14. I will follow my food plan every day.
15. I'm doing this to be healthy, I'm doing this to be happy. I doing this for life. I'm doing this for me.
16. I am mater of my own body. My body is not stronger than be. I will tell my body what it can eat and how much it can eat. I'm calling the shots from now on.
17. It doesn't matter what happened yesterday. Whether it was a success or a failure, today begin all over again. And today is going to be a success.
18. There's no sense kidding myself. This is hard work -- but it's going to be worth it. There's no such thing as wasted effort, only wasted time.
19. Life is great there's so much more of it to live. I want to live in a body of my own choosing, and I choose to be healthy.
20. I am tired of excuses, and words like "possible," "maybe" or "I'll try". From now on, I'm going to live by words of accomplishment -- I will stick with my food and exercise program.
21. This life is my department store. I've shopped around and found what I want -- and I want to be healthy. Now, I'm not going to put it off or haggle the cost. I'm going to pay the price and get it.
22. Time is working to my advantage. Every minute that I eat right -- is another minute that I'm getting healthy. I can feel it.
23. I know what I want to become I can see a thought picture of myself in my mind. That person is inside waiting to get out. And I'm going to set that person free. All it takes is time and will power.
24. Because of my weight, I haven't been living for a long time. It's time for me to live again. And my new life begins today.
25. The world will give me back just what I put into it. Worthwhile things in life require time, patience and work. And my health is worthwhile.
26. I know what I want, and I know what I need to do to get there. I have all these tools for success. And I'm going to exercise, eat right, and be successful, I am going to be healthy.
27. I will have the courage to walk away from food. And I'm tired of being bullied for the things that have been making my life miserable. I will be true to myself.
28. I forgive myself for past mistakes. I'm changing and doing better day by day. No one can do more than that -- even me. No one can expect more than that -- even me.
29. I respect my body and I'm going to treat it with respect. It's the only one I'll ever have and it deserves the best.
30. The wrong kind of food is my mortal enemy. The refrigerator is my battle ground. I am fighting for my life. I'll continue to eat the right kinds of foods. This is a war that I'm going to win.
Saturday, September 13, 2014
I'll make your home "Sparkling Clean"!!It is your lucky day if you live in the Boise Idaho area. I currently have bi-weekly opening for residential house cleaning from my business, "Sparkling Clean".
I've been in business for over 10 years and have great references. I rarely have openings because when I have a customer, they stay because of the quality cleaning I provide.
I will give your home the best cleaning every time. I don't short cut as other house cleaning services do. I do an honest cleaning throughout your home.
I am dependable and honest. You can see some of the ways I clean your home on my "cleaning tips" tab. You can contact me at 884-1775 or send me an email at email@example.com to set up a schedule to start cleaning your home "Sparkling Clean".
Boise, Eagle and Meridian IDAHO area only.
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
On Brady's 20th birthday he was here visiting and we just returned from our vacation from Puerto Vallarta.
While Brady was here he wanted to make Mario Piranha Cookies for his birthday.
He brought all the supplies from Salt Lake City to make them. He got the idea to make these cute cookies from the video above from "Nerdy Nummies".
He invited his friend Danielle to spend the day with him and make them.
The night before I put out my recipes for sugar cookies and chocolate frosting. I also pulled out the required butter so that it would be room temperature and ready to go in the morning.
I stayed out of his way and let him have access to my kitchen. Plus he really didn't want me hanging around and bugging them when he hadn't seen Danielle for over a year.
**Sorry, some of the pictures are blurry (darn) but I wanted to include them.
Instead of the "boxed" sugar cookies shown in the video, he made my sugar cookies recipe (which I think is the best recipe out there). You can find my sugar cookie recipe here:
Brady added sucker sticks to the Piranha Cookie. They turned out great! He just used a drinking glass and cut out the wedge for the mouth.
Before they started the cookies, they painted these little pots green with an edible non-toxic paint.
They made brownies from a box I had on hand. They filled the green pots with the brownie mix.
Then they crushed Oreo cookies (minus the yummy filling) and topped the brownies with crushed Oreo's to look like dirt.
They frosted the cookies with red frosting.
Brady purchase a tube of red frosting, but they didn't think they would have enough so they asked me to make some red frosting. I used a whole bottle of red food coloring to get it as red as they needed, The frosting color did turn out as red as the tube frosting which made me happy that I had enough stuff on hand so they didn't need to run to the store and get another tube of expensive frosting. I wish he wouldn't have purchased the tube frosting - it's too expensive, but he's just learning to make things from scratch.
He also purchased the white frosting in a tube for the mouth and the spots on the Piranha cookies.
Danielle is showing her green hands from coloring the sticks with an edible green marker.
Next he purchased some green fondant and leaf molds for the leaves by the cookie stem on the dirt.
They turned out so cute.
And look at those cute kids!
I loved having Brady home with Danielle for the day. It's such a nice feeling when I've been an empty nester and the only one in my house day after day - LOL! I just cherish those moments when I have company or my children are home.
After the cookies were complete they went to "Big Al's" where is other best friend Amber works. She was able to take a break, enjoy Piranha Cookies and visit with Brady.
The next day was Brady's 20th Birthday and Danielle and Amber spent the night. They stayed up most of the night visiting. It was the only time they could all get together while Brady was in town. Brady asked me if it was OK and I said sure - I totally trust Danielle and Amber. Plus, I'd much rather have him safe at home then somewhere that could possible have temptation there.
I love that Brady is cooking these cute Nerdy Nummies. He's having a blast with his creativity. It's a great outlet for some fun!
Monday, August 11, 2014
Brady, Sharon and I decided we wanted to swim with the dolphins and so we booked the adventure.
Jason, Lawrence and Mitch didn't want to come.
We booked it at the hotel and unfortunately the girl who booked it for us was just new to her job and totally messed up the paperwork. We were responsible for our own transportation to Vallarta Adventures so we grabbed a taxi at the hotel. I showed our taxi driver the brochure and told him that was where we were going. It was a little scary to leave without the men and be in charge to get us there when we speak English and everyone there speaks Spanish.
When we arrived at Vallarta Adventures they told us we were at the wrong place and they told our taxi driver where we were suppose to go from our receipt from the hotel.
We loaded back into the taxi and took off to the next place. However, when we arrived there we found out that the lady who booked it for us at the hotel put the Vallarta Adventure information on their paperwork, but we were really suppose to be at Vallarta Adventure.
Luckily for us our taxi driver helped us out with the Spanish and understanding what went wrong and where we were suppose to be. So, we turned around and headed back to the original place we went to. It was kind of frustrating for us and our taxi driver. But, at least we were there in time to take part in our Dolphin adventure!!!
Here is a video of the experience - yes we are in the video!!! Great memories!!!!
Before our adventure we attended a class that educated us about dolphins. The spoke in Spanish and then in English - it was an interesting class and because they went back and forth in the language, you had to listen really carefully to understand it all.
Brady, Sondra and Sharon waiting for our adventure to start!
It was amazing to be in the water with Dolphins!!!! To say we were excited would be an understatement!
There was a baby in the tank. It was a month old and we watch it swim and nurse from the mother dolphin. The babies name is Mia. It was cute, we loved watching how the baby stayed with the mother.
Sondra getting kissed by a dolphin!!! Yea!
We had two lady dolphins in our pool. One was 9 months pregnant and was very fat. We were able to touch and pet the dolphins and I tried to see if I could feel the baby move, but couldn't. A dolphin is pregnant for 12 months and she still had 3 months to go.
All of their dolphins are bred in captivity and don't know what it is like to be in the wild.
Next we were able to kiss the dolphin. So sweet!
Then we took the dolphin by the fins and did a little dance.
I love the smiles from the dolphin.
Next we put our hands under the dolphin to kind of lift / carry them. What a great smile from our dolphin!
Belly rubs were the best!
The package we purchased was the "Dolphin Swim Experience". A fun dolphin adventure with an exciting ride!
How sweet is Brady's picture getting kissed from the dolphin.
Brady kissing back the dolphin.
Brady's little dance.
I wonder if Brady's dolphin was the pregnant one.
Aaaaaah and belly rubs.
Everyone dreams of swimming with dolphins. Vallarta Adventures gave us the experience to chat, cuddle, play and swim with these charming and playful creatures.
Sharon's kiss from her dolphin. I love Sharon's smile!
Kiss that lucky dolphin. Such an awesome experience!
I think it's safe to say that Sharon is enjoying her dance with the dolphin! Both are laughing (dolphin and Sharon).
Oh, we sure loved this experience!
This was our group! 9 people and one 7 year old girl which made it even more enjoyable. Children always are fun to watch in a new experience like this. She sure was brave!
Here is where the dolphin sang several songs for us through her blow hole.
The program we purchased is designed for those who want the comfort of a shallow platform as well as an exciting swim encounter. From the platform we were able to get to know our dolphins up close and personal - learning all about these gentle and amazing animals. We also enjoyed a thrilling "belly ride" swim with our dolphins.
Brady was the first to swim with the dolphin.
The dolphin is swimming on their back and we were on their belly.
Lawrence swam with the dolphins when he was in Hawaii and he swam on their back and it was hard to hold on, and the tale kept hitting him. It was hard for him to keep holding on.
I believe our experience was easier because we swam on their belly. We were able to hold on without any problem.
We each road around the pool, it was a fun ride.
Next up Sondra's ride.
I absolutely loved it.
I am so glad that we had this experience! It's something we won't ever forget.
Sharon was last swimming with the dolphin.
Vallarta Adventure believes that it is important to have a positive impact on the environment and local communities. Their eco-adventures, dolphin programs and social programs are developed to educate and build awareness around environmental protection and to "inspire change" locally and globally. They take great pride in all of our social and environmental efforts and hope to make Mexico and the world a better place for everyone and everything.
Some of the ways Vallarta Adventures are inspiring change:
Sponsor animals and environmental programs for kids and local residents.
Donate to scholarships for local elementary school children.
Provide free dolphin therapies for low-income families and children of special-needs.
Oversee area re-forestation programs, beach clean-ups and roadside trash collections.
Participate in the rescue and rehabilitation of distressed whales, dolphins, turtles and marine life.
Partners with groups like PEACE, Children of the Dump, Family Development Agency, Sea World Conservation Fund, and many more for social and environmental causes.
Recycle over 90%of their garbage and compost all organic waste.
I love Sharon's smile here.
After everyone finished riding the dolphins our two ladies did a race in the pool. Carlos who lead our group was so much fun! He is in the blue uniform.
The dolphins also jumped in the air.
It was truly a unique experience full of interaction and fun water activities.
Each dolphin program is unique and based upon the groups, trainers and dolphins.
All of their programs are designed with the dolphins well being in mind.