Monday, October 3, 2011

Motivational Monday - "Forget Me Not"

(read the whole talk at the link above)

As a child, when I would look at the little forget-me-nots, I sometimes felt a little like that flower—small and very insignificant. I wondered if I would be forgotten by my family or by my Heavenly Father.

Years later, I can look back on that young boy with tenderness and compassion. And I do know now I was never forgotten.

And I know something else. As an Apostle of our Master, Jesus Christ, I proclaim with all the certainty and conviction of my heart and soul—neither are you!

You are not forgotten.

Sisters, wherever you are, whatever the circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you, with an infinite love.

—President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

For Each Petal on a "Forget me Not"
First, forget not to be patient with yourself.
 Second, forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice.
 Third, forget not to be happy now. 
Fourth, forget not the “why” of the gospel.
 Fifth, forget not that the Lord loves you.
After the Relief Society Conference held on September 24, 2011, blog land was filled with "Forget Me Not" reminders. I loved the flower garden of Forget Me Not's that filled my facebook and my google reader accounts. I thought I would share many of the sites that shared their flowers to my garden.







This past weekend, October 1 - 2, 2011 was The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints general conference. It is a time where we listen to our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, his councilors and the 12 apostles of the church along with other leaders. It is broadcast live on TV stations throughout the world. It is uplifting and spiritual.

I loved each minute, talk, song and prayer we shared together as members of Jesus Christ's true church on the earth. My spirit was uplifted and my faith and testimony increased. I love our dear prophet, President Monson! I'm excited that he announced another 5 temples to be built around the world.

I'm have such gratitude in my heart to know I am a daughter of our Heavenly Father and that he loves me. I am thankful to be a member of His church upon the earth today. I am thankful to know that Heavenly Father still speaks to us through a living prophet on the earth today. It has been a blessing in my life and has brought me much happiness.

If you would like a free copy of the Book of Mormon, I'd love to send one to you. You can request one by sending me an email to ladysondradee@yahoo.com.

2 comments:

Student Entrepreneur said...

This was the best talk!!! Something I needed to hear!!

Valerie said...

Is it bad that Pres. Uchtdorf's talks are almost always my favorite? I love so many of them, but his really do stick with me every time. Wishing I could find a younger version of him for me. Haha!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin