Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Winter Warriors Take 2

Tonight was the 2nd time attending Winter Warriors. 

Earlier today there were snow flurries in the valley and more snow predicted. Lucky for me, it stopped snowing without any accumulation on the ground. The walking path was clear.

When I saw the snow, I was wondering if I really wanted to do this and be outdoors in the snow, sleet or rain. 

But, that is why I signed up for the Winter Warrior program, to encourage me to go out and move during the dark winter months.

Because I ran with my walking group on the hike this past Saturday, I was encouraged to do walking / running intervals.

I did 4 minutes of walking and 1 minute of running intervals.  I did it!! Woo Hoo!

I dressed really warm ... too warm. In fact, all my clothing and hair were soaking wet from the sweat. 

Next time I won't wear as many warm clothing. I guess it will be trial and error until I know what works for me to stay warm but not too hot. 

Every time I go I meet new people. This is a very fun lively group! It's been a great journey as I get fit and the weight off. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin