Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Monday, November 14, 2016

Meet Me Monday

While on my hike to Table Rock on Saturday, Kathy motivated me to join with her on a walk at the Boise Towne Square Mall at 7:00 am Monday Morning.

On Monday's I don't work because holidays usually occur on Monday's and it's nice to have a day I can move customers around or schedule special cleans if needed. I have a Trucking Company I clean every Monday night - which leaves Monday mornings open for an early morning walk. 

It's nice having my schedule clear to join Meet me Monday free walking group / movement. 

The mission of "Meet Me Monday" is to ... 
GET OUT for the health of our mind, body and spirit.
GET OUT to spend time with family and friends
GET OUT to support our community

Incentives for participation and raffle prizes!
Discounts at local business. 

There is also a "Meet Me Monday" in downtown Boise
5:15 pm - sign-in at Bandanna Running and Walking (5th and Main). Announcements and Prize drawings at 6:45 pm.

Kuna has one at 5:30 PM
Sign-in at Kuna Visitors Center (first right off Swan Falls Road from Avalon)

There website: meetmemonday.org

I met Kathy at 7:00 am. I admit it was hard to pull myself out of bed on a day I could sleep in - but I need to do these things to move my body. It's nice that the traffic isn't too bad that early in the morning.

Also with winter coming up, I need extra motivation to keep moving.

There are a lot of senior citizens walking the mall in the mornings. I loved seeing friends walking together and enjoying the quiet mall to start the day. None of the businesses are open and there isn't any temptation to spend money - huge plus to walk early in the morning.

I really enjoyed the walk. It goes by fast when you have someone to walk and talk with.

At 7:45 a.m. I signed up at the food court area. You sign in every time you walk. After consistently showing up and walking you get a T-shirt, then a sweat shirt. Plus there are raffles for lots of fun prizes. When you check in there are tickets to put your name on and throw into a jar. 

I love all of these activities I've been encouraged to join in! 

Still motivated to make 10,000 steps every day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin