Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group
Click to Join Happy Clean Living Facebook Group.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

New Roof

I've been saving for a new roof for some time now. Although I haven't saved the whole amount of money needed to get a new roof without going into debt, I couldn't wait any longer. It's really nice to have it done and not have to worry the next time the wind blows. 

I will be working extra hard to have the debt paid over the next few months because I absolutely hate being in debt. It's been an expensive summer being a homeowner. A few months ago I had to get a new air conditioner and furnace. On the flip side, it nice to have these big things done so I won't have to worry about it for years to come. 
A look at my house with the white shingled roof that was desperately in need of repair.  
 A look from the back yard showing an old swamp cooler on the roof and a TV dish that I quit using years ago. I requested that these 2 eye sores be removed from my roof during the re-shingle. 
 I went with a company called E&H Roofing because I had several friends comment on what a great company they are. I wanted someone who would do a quality job that would last for years to come. They offer a 10 year warranty on their workmanship and the shingles have a limited lifetime warranty. I hope this is the last time in my remaining life span that I will have to think about fixing the roof on my home. 
 My poor detached garage had the original wood shakes on it - and lots of them were missing. My original house before the remodel was built in 1920. I'm not sure when the detached garage was built - but I'm sure it's close to 100 years old too. It didn't even have plywood covering the rafters. It's nice to have a new roof on the garage. 
 The swamp cooler and TV dish are gone! It makes me so happy!! 
 I went with a black shingled roof and love it! 
 The relief to have it done is beyond words. Next spring I will have my house re-painted or if I can afford it, have vinyl siding instead. I love my blue house but will probably make it a darker gray blue.
The detached garage's new roof. 

It was a huge expensive job that comes with being a homeowner. I'm relieved it's done and happy with the beauty of my new black roof! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin