Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Cutting Away Honeysuckle Vine - Huge Job!

I've been working hard on cutting down the honeysuckle vine on the garage and preparing it to get a new roof. The estimate for a new roof on the house and garage .... wait for it .... $ 10,262. Gasp. It's got to be done - oh yea! Anyway, I've been killing myself to get it cut down. 
Before and beautiful Honeysuckle Vine

 I hate it and will never let it get that big again. I almost caved and called someone to come and do it for me, but I'm just too cheap. I really loved it in full bloom, but I just let it get too big. It was about 3 feet in depth and about 3 feet over the roof. 
Here it is with most of it cut down. 

  I still have to cut more down and clean it up off the garage, but the main focus was getting it off the roof. I have a huge pile of vines on the cement pad - I've bagged about 20 bags full, filled my city issued garbage cans 4 times. 
Oh man ... it's such a huge job. But.... I'm so happy I was able to get it cut down off of the roof. I've moved this pile of vines to finished bagging up to the corner of my yard. 

It will take me a while to get it all bagged up and thrown away. I thought about getting a dumpster delivered to dispose of all the vines. However, again I'm too cheap. The city does leaf pick up for free when it's put in paper leaf bags in November. I'd rather do free then pay for it to be thrown away. It is a little difficult to get the vines in those paper bags without ripping the bag, but it has to be done. 

At least the roof doesn't have vines on it anymore and is ready for a new roof. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin