Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Meridian Symphony Free Concert

I went to a free concert of the Meridian Idaho Symphony at Gene Kleiner Park. It was a little cool and the wind was blowing, but it was a nice evening. I really enjoyed the beautiful music. 
 Here are a couple of snippets from songs they played. They are not very long samples:
My Fair Lady "I Could Have Danced All Night"
Frozen "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?"

The conductor let people / children come up and lead the music. There was a long line of people. It was fun to see their stature stiffen and the confidence show through everyone who took the conductor's stick to lead the song. It was fun to watch the children and teenagers lead the music. 
There were a lot of people who attended. I tried to get a picture of the hill - but the sun was shining overhead and blacked out the picture. It's a really nice band shell for these free concerts. One nice feature of living in Meridian, Idaho!! I love it!
Of course I have to go to the Village and watch the fountain show while I'm here. 
I love it when it's dusk and you can see the lights in the fountain. The fountain dance was "Jump" by Van Halen. I did take a video!! Here it is - enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin