Thursday, April 9, 2015

Fred Meyer Geranium Sale and Planting Seeds

 My favorite sale is Fred Meyer's Fuchsia and Geranium Sale. I always purchase my Geraniums during this sale because I can get a lot for a small price. 
 The price is 4 for $3.00 or $.75 cents each. I purchased 160 Geranium plants. I'm hoping that will be enough for my pots and berm. I don't plant them in the ground yet because there is still frost in the mornings. I will bring them in the house at night and put them outside each afternoon in the sun light.

When it gets warmer, they are a much bigger plant that usually goes for around $3 each. This is such a sweet deal to get them at 75 cents. I just have to take care of them until I can plant them in the ground in May. 
 I am probably a month past the time that I should have started seedlings inside my house. But, I went ahead and planted them today. I planted tomato seeds (Early Girl and Roman), wave Petunia seeds, zucchini, crookneck, sweet basil, thyme, and parsley. They have about 1 1/2 months to grow. We'll see how big they get before it's time to plant them outside. 

These plants currently are in my kitchen window seal where the sun shines brightly and it gets warmth from the sun. 

I haven't planted Petunia seeds before, so we'll see what happens and if they will really grow. 
In the long rectangle planters, I have finally planted pea seeds. There are 8 in total - but I have 6 squeezed in here. This area gets a lot of sun in my yard. I will move them once I'm ready to start planting flowers in May. It's nice to have them right here where the hose is so that I can keep them watered. 

It was a productive day to get some spring planting done. I love this time of year. 

I'll keep showing you the progress as the emerge from the soil and grow. 

I love having a container garden! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin