Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I Had a Baby and Didn't Know I was Pregnant!

Thursday Jan 30th I received this message on my Facebook account from Sharon my daughter in law:

I have a friend that found out about and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl today. Since she didn't know she was pregnant they are not prepared at all. I was hoping that maybe you know some people to ask for a bit of help with baby stuff? She doesn't have much family here to help so I thought I'd do what could be done and ask around. She hasn't really told anyone so I can't do a mass FB post. So just let me know if your up for it. She'd really appreciate it. And I know, CRAZY!!!
 
The baby was 37 weeks, a little over 8 lbs 21 in. She had a bit of fluid in the lungs and was in NICU last night but gets out today and mom is doing as well as a lady who just had a surprise baby! Just some pain from the C Section. I found out last night that she has turners syndrome and shouldn't have been able to have kids and its amazing the baby is healthy with no help. She was snowboarding last weekend at 9 months pregnant!!!
Isn't that crazy?
 
Friends came together and she did get somethings she needed to bring her miracle baby home. I was able to get a few things together for her and made 2 flannel blankets with fabric I had on hand.
 
I can't imagine not being able to prepare for 8 / 9 months for a baby.
 
I can't imagine not knowing I was pregnant either. Just crazy.
 
She had her period the whole time and took a couple of pregnancy test that all came out negative.
In hind sight she says she missed things that told her she was pregnant.
 
But, the miracle of the whole thing is that she did have a precious baby who is healthy. Something she never thought she would have.

2 comments:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

That is just crazy!!! Congratulations on this little miracle baby to your daughter's friend! :)

Sondra said...

The mom is short, 4 ft something. There wasn't a lot of room for the baby to move - so that is why she didn't feel her. Weird - I know.

Here is a little bit about turner's syndrome:
It is a chromosomal abnormality in which all or part of one of the sex chromosomes is absent. Normal females have two X chromosomes, but in Turner syndrome, one of those sex chromosomes is missing or has other abnormalities.

There are characteristic physical abnormalities, such as short stature, swelling, broad chest, low hairline, low-set ears, and webbed necks. Girls with Turner syndrome typically experience gonadal dysfunction (non-working ovaries), which results in amenorrhea (absence of menstrual cycle) and sterility.

Thanks for your comments and for visiting my site. :-D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin