Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Brady Is Going to BYU

Brady's check in day at BYU was Wednesday, August 22nd, 10:00 am.
We decided to leave Tuesday morning, Aug. 21. 
I decided to rent a van to move Brady's stuff from Idaho to BYU. I picked it up the morning that we left, ran home and we filled that baby to the top.
 
I totally loved this van!!!! When I picked it up it only had 10 miles on it. BRAND NEW!!
When they handed me the keys to the van, I thought .... "What the heck??" But you put it in the slot and turn it like a key and it starts. WOW! Technology is cool. The van handled so nice and it made that 6 hour drive not to bad. We left around 9 am after packing the van and arrived about 3:00pm.
 
I decided to check in early and unpack the van on Tuesday and pay the early check in fee of $15. I thought it was totally worth it, instead of having a risk of someone breaking in the van and stealing everything that night. 

We picked up the keys, went through a short orientation and then found Brady's building. All the buildings had some kind of welcome sign on the outside of the buildings. They were all different. This was Brady's building.
When we arrived at the door, there was this welcoming sign (last names have been blotted out). Brady's roommates are Kirk and Joseph.
Of course I needed a picture or two of Brady around campus.
Brady's apartment/dorm is close to the stadium. Brady's college job is working at the stadium during the games. 
Driving through Salt Lake City and into Provo I couldn't believe how big it has gotten. When I lived there 15 years ago, there was quite a break between SLC and Provo with a mountain you went up with the prison on the side as you drove up the mountain. Now there is NO break between SLC and Provo. It was weird - it sure has changed.
I was in AWE of the Wasatch Mountains as we drove in. I have forgotten the majesty of those beautiful mountains! How I miss them! I wish I could have taken additional time off to drive up the canyon - but it was a quick trip. We drove there on Tuesday and I left on Wednesday around 2PM. 
Of course I had to get a few pictures by the cougar at the stadium. 
Brady is such a good looking young man. I'm so proud of him and excited for this time in his life to attend BYU. Yea!
 I've only been to Provo maybe once before. After we moved Brady into his apartment on the 3rd floor - going up and down the stairs a million times - we decided to take a tour of the campus. We also wanted to see if we could get Brady's ID card. We had a campus map, but unfortunately I parked quite away from the main part of the campus. We parked and decided to go exploring.
 
I didn't realize that the campus was up hill. I only had my sandals on and we started to walk up...and up and up. Then I was faced with stairs. You have got to be kidding me. I about died after moving Brady in and having the wrong kind of shoes. But I did it and felt like ROCKY! I wanted to do the Rocky dance when I got to the top.
 
When we arrived at the building to get his ID card it had been closed only a few minutes. Too bad I wasn't a little faster going up those stairs - LOL!
 
We picked up his books from the book store and made our way back to the car. Going down the stairs was MUCH easier.
I'll admit that Brady was nervous for me to leave. The campus is huge and he didn't know how to get the campus from his apartment. I drove around and helped him get his barrings. I told him that as long as he goes toward the mountains he would find the campus. His apartment is a good 20 - 30 minute walk to the campus, so we purchased a shuttle pass. His Dad brought his bike, but I don't think he has rode it to campus yet.
 
I'm so excited for this wonderful opportunity Brady has to get his education from BYU!  

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I have missed all kinds of updates from your blog since I've been to busy to read any. I remember so well when I started BYU right out of high school. It doesn't seem like it could possibly be as many years ago as it really is. Yikes! I'm sure he will love it there and I bet he is used to everything already. :)

I can't believe you've only been to Provo once before. Wow. :) I know Brady doesn't know me and has people around who he does know, but keep me on your list to contact if he needs anything. I'd be happy to message you my cell number in case if you ever want it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin