Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Monday, July 2, 2012

First Pea Harvest

Beautiful peas......

I've been eating peas for weeks and loving every bite.

Finally we had enough to freeze.
I was able to get 5 one cup bags full.

My new trick is to put the bag in a glass, with the edge of the bag folded over. Fill the bag, pull up and zip up the bag. It's a great hands free process.

I saw this on Pinterest. Someone showed how she put frosting in a frosting bag. The next time I decorated cookies I used that technique and fell in love with it.

Now every time I make something to freeze - like spaghetti sauce - I use this technique and I LOVE it!
Over the weekend I was able to do 11 one cup bags. They look kind of steamy because you boil the peas for 2 minutes, let them cool in cold water and then put in bag and freeze. I guess they were still a little warm.

I'm super excited because I have 16 bags / meals now and my garden is still full of them.

It's been a great harvest. So far I see at least 1 pot pie per month for a full year with fresh peas - Yum! I use them in lots of dishes - but my favorite is pot pie.

2 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Yum! Peas are my favorite.
Do you have a recipe for pot pie to share?

Sondra said...

Tauna, I've linked up my pot pie recipe. Click "pot pie" above and it should take you to the recipe. Yum!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin