Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group
Click to Join Happy Clean Living Facebook Group.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pet Peeves

I have a couple of pet peeves. I don't mean to be grouchy, but some things make me feel tense and have a skin crawling feeling.

I absolutely HATE it when people use X-mas on written cards, facebook, emails, signs, texting, and labeling items etc. I absolutely can't stand it!
When people use X-mas they are NOT shortening the word Christmas - they are taking
"CHRIST"
OUT of Christmas. Please teach your children this. I've been in several card making activities when children print X-mas on their cards. I have to explain that we don't write X-mas as it takes "Christ" out of Christmas. We do NOT want to do that.

If you have, by chance, written X-mas on the boxes you store your Christmas decorations in - please rewrite it correctly as Christmas. Please show your family and your generations to come how sacred the word and holiday is by using the proper word "Christmas" and keeping CHRIST in Christmas.

There are several ways the adversary is changing Christmas to a secular holiday and I refuse to play along. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy Santa, elves, reindeer and all the fun parts of Christmas too, I just don't want to erase the most important part of Christmas which is Christ.
I also will not send out a Christmas card that doesn't Say "Merry Christmas". Nope, I don't use Happy Holiday cards and I do not say it while I am out shopping or visiting with people. It will always be the season of Christmas - or the season of Christ.

My other pet peeve is: OMG

I can't handle it! I am constantly reminding  or "telling" my children that they are NOT allowed to use this.

They roll their eyes and their response is that it is: Oh my goodness or Oh my gosh.

Give me a break!!!

When others read it - they don't know you ARE NOT taking the Lord's name in vain. I don't like to read OMG or hear the words over and over by Hollywood. It is very offensive to me to hear people take the Lord's name in vain and breaking one of the 10 commandments.

The other day Brady was watching a live YouTube Starcraft tournament on the computer. I could NOT handle that every other word used were OMG (except the words). I didn't like it penetrating my home and the spirit it brought into my home. At first Brady didn't notice the language - he was immune to it because it is so prevalent in the world today.

These things hurt my spirit and I hate it. Is it education? Are we not teaching our children these important truths. Will we allow others to change our belief in the Lord Jesus Christ or our Heavenly Father? I for one will stand up and not let this culture minimize these offensive trends. I hope you will stand with me.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I don't like those two things either. And I only buy Christmas cards that have Jesus on it (no snow scenes or cute animals) and it isn't as easy as it should be to actually find the reason for the season on cards.

Zoey said...

Yep! It's funny though that I don't think our cards say Merry Christmas this year. I'll be writing it in ...

Ren Ran said...

Just found your blog. I too didn't like X-mas, thought it meant that people were 1-lazy & 2-taking Christ out of Christmas until I found that greek letter X stands for Chi and you can Google to find out more. Still I prefer to write out Christmas :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin