Tuesday, November 8, 2011

October Primary CTR 7 Party 2011

October was a very busy month. I think I always forget how hard it is to fit in a Primary Class Party.

Oct 1 was General Conference
Oct 8 was Kade's Baptism
Oct 15 was Primary Program Practise
Oct 19th Y/M and Y/W held a Halloween Carnival for the Primary
Oct 22 was our Primary Class Party
Oct 29 was the Ward Chili Feed and Trunk or Treat

Busy! 
 I did manage to squeeze in the long awaited class party.
 I only had 1 student that wasn't there. It was a total success!
 I ordered pizza as requested by the kids. They also wanted watermelon, strawberries, push-ups, fudge cycles, and I made sugar cookies. Yum!
 I kept it casual and let them do what they wanted. There were lots of crafts to put together and pumpkins to paint.
 They wanted to carve a pumpkin - but I am not brave enough to have a bunch of 7 - 8 year olds having knives. Painting is MUCH safer.
 They also received a trick or treat bag from me with an air plane, vampire teeth, fake fingers, play doe, noise maker, pencil and candy. Yes, I spoil my kids and it's soooo much fun!
 I set out the crafts on a table and let them make what they wanted. Most of the items were purchased last year at the end of the season at reduced prices.
 My class always looks forward to our class parties. It's really nice when the weather is warm and they can be outside. Our Christmas party is a little scary with energized and active boys. I haven't decided if I will hold it at my house this year.
 I honestly love being able to be around my kids to just talk and let them tell me everything that is going on in their lives. There is more 1 on 1 time then in Primary each week. It's truly a bonding experience.
 They were all well behaved and did an awesome job on their crafts and pumpkin.
Kade is in his Cub Scout uniform because, I forgot to mention that the boy's Cub Scout pack went to the fire department from noon to 1:00 - so our party was pushed out to 2:00 - 3:00 pm. It was such a busy month.
 Tejia showing her scarecrow she made - it's not quite done, but it's looking really cute.
 Ben is coloring some wooden Halloween figures. He did a really good job!
 Along with the airplanes, there were balls and other toys to play with in the yard.
I love my class and teaching Primary. It's so much fun to get to know so many great kids through the years! Only 2 more months with this class until I get a new one to train/teach/love.

3 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

You have a huge class!!!
It is so amazing at all you do for them. Years from now they will remember you and the love you had for them.

Valerie said...

I miss my Primary class!
Looks like a fun party~ I'm sure they loved it.

CB said...

Looks like is was such a fun party for the kids!!

I am sooooo excited - I get to teach this class next year. I have had the 4 year olds for the past 2 years and I have loved them but, as you know, the CTR 7, getting them ready for Baptism, is a special class!! I am excited.

It was fun to see you for a second in the hall on Sunday :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin