Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Primary Program and V.T. Handout

(I love this picture of Joseph and Jesus reading from the scriptures)

Sunday was our Primary sacrament meeting program. It was wonderful! I believe it is most people's favorite meeting throughout the year. The children's talks and music makes it an extra special meeting.

We had a practice Saturday morning at 9am, which I hated. I don't like to get up early on my only day off of the week. (I know .. complain, complain complain).

It was nice to teach my class this past Sunday. It's been way to long since we have had a class. We practiced the program on Sunday Sept 24th and didn't have class. October 2nd was General Conference. Oct 9th we practiced for the program. It seems like it has been FOREVER since I've taught a class. (Not to mention that I wasn't there Sept 18th - due to Jason and Sharon's wedding).
(Click to enlarge the program - it's easier to read if you are interested) I thought it was interesting that they added the two songs the audience is not familiar with on the program. I thought that was a great idea.

The boys and girls sang really well. It was beautiful and my favorite part. Sometimes I have to hold back the tears as the spirit touches me through the beautiful music. I love it!

After the program we had class. It was wonderful to be back together with my precious class. I've missed the one on one time.

Then in sharing time we actually sang different songs. We sang LOTS of songs and good ones too. When we only sing program songs all year long, I miss all the other great ones in the book. It gets really tiresome only singing a few songs for 10 months. It lifted my heart as we sang so many fun and beautiful songs Sunday - Yea!

 I thought I'd share a picture of our Visiting Teaching handout this month.
It comes from the fabulous "Prepared Not Scared" blog. I used the cups from Brady's Harvest dance invitation. I'm trying to use what I have on hand and filled them with candy we have purchased for Trick or Treat. One of the ladies we teach is on a cruise - so we only get to visit 2 this month.



My Primary Class party is scheduled for Saturday Oct 22. I plan on using a couple of the ideas on the Prepared Not Scared Halloween blog.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin