Monday, August 15, 2011

Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 By Richard Paul Evans

I just saw this on City of Meridian's facebook page. I think it is really cool that Richard Paul Evan's new book "Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25" is centered around Meridian High School.

I heard a great review about this book earlier this week while I was driving around and listening to Glenn Beck on the radio. He said it was another great series coming out for teens like Harry Potter or the Twilight series.

I am even more excited now that I know Meridian High School is a huge part of the book. Soooo cool.

Too bad I have to work tonight or I would be a Barnes and Noble getting the book.
(From Meridian's facebook page)  Best-selling author Richard Paul Evans paid a visit to Meridian City Hall today. He's in the valley promoting his latest novel "Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25" which is largely set at Meridian High School. He'll be appearing at Barnes and Noble this evening at 7:00 p.m.. (Pictured with Mayor Tammy and a hot-off-the-press copy of his new book.)


There is a video clip of the book at this link. You can also read chapters 1 -4 on this web site. I'm intrigued after reading the 4 chapters. I need to go get the book.


Just think ..... Meridian Idaho could be just like Forks Washington if this series gets big. With an author like Richard Paul Evans ... I think it will.

My review:
I liked this book. It reads young - 10 year old - younger then Harry Potter.
Each chapter is short. The story line is intriguing though.
I am always a fan of as Cinderella type novel. The character starts out weak and become powerful as they figure out to conquer evil.
There isn't much action at Meridian High School and what action there is in the book is about bullying. I don't think Meridian will become the next Forks *sad face.
I can't wait until the next books comes out. I will definitely be reading this series.

2 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I love his books.
Yay!
I get to get another one!

CB said...

Wow! I had no idea. I am actually going to be at the mall school shopping tonight so I'll have to stop in. Very cool!

Want me to pick you up a signed copy?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin