Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group
Click to Join Happy Clean Living Facebook Group.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Beans

 My first picking of Blue Lake green beans from my container garden.
I was able to can 21 pints of beans. Beautiful!
 Even though I planted late, everything is looking great and my harvest will be bountiful this year. I planted 7 containers of beans this year. 
 I have 2 containers of carrots. 
My tomato plants are over flowing with tomatoes. I finally cut back the plants this week in hopes of ripening up the many tomatoes. It's going to be a bumper crop this year! It's a good thing there are lots of tomatoes to can this year, as I used my last 2 quarts of tomatoes last week. Usually I have a a few jars that are left to carry over to next year .... but not this year. I hope I am able to can enough this year for my  families needs.

It's a lot of work, but worth it! When I see my shelves lined with bottles of food, I am filled with happiness and peace!

2 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

That is a beautiful harvest!
I'm so amazed you are able to get so much off the containers!
I look forward to a picture of bright red tomatoes on those vines.

Mine are slow.

Cherie said...

We didn't plant beans this year and I am really missing them - it is always the best part of the harvest every year!!
Yours look delicious and good job getting them bottled!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin