Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean – On Stranger Tides 4

 Brady and I saw Pirates of the Caribbean, On Stranger Tides in 3-D on Monday.

I'm not a huge Pirates fan. I liked the first one OK.. but, the next two I didn't like very much at all. 

Although Brady LOVES them! The theme song is one of the songs he LOVES. He is currently learning to play it on the piano. 

He really wanted to go to the movie Monday. I didn't want to see Pirates so he said he would go alone. So, I caved in and went with him. 

And guess what? I really enjoyed it. The 3-D version was grainy and I would have liked to have seen it in the regular movie. But, I did like the effects of being "in" the movie too. So that was a toss up. 

I think the best part is that Will Tanner and Elizabeth Swann characters weren't in this movie. New characters. 
I really loved the mermaids and this gentleman that was a preacher. This was a fun part of the movie. Makes me want to watch Splash.  

Although these mermaids were pretty scary too. They would give nightmares to little kids. I don't think Pirates movies are kid friendly anyway. Leave those little ones at home. 
I seriously loved Penelope Cruz as Angelica in the movie. I liked her much more then Elizabeth Swann.  I thought Johnny Depp was better in this movie too - a little more likable. 

Overall, I liked this movie and was glad I saw it. 

5 comments:

Zoey said...

Fun. We'll have to add it to our ever ending movie list!

Scrappy Girl said...

I am dying to go see this. You know I love me some Capt. Jack Sparrow! lol

CB said...

We went and saw this when it first came out and liked it!
I felt a little hopeful because I like Penelope Cruz and really did like her in this movie - I thought her character and
Jack Sparrow played well off each other. A good match!

So in the end we decided it was better than 3, not as good as 1, and equal to #2 :-)

Sheila said...

Sondra, I go to your blog for
primary help ideas. I am so
impressed with your journaling.
I checked out your movie
reviews and wondered if you
like to read. I'm a fan of christian fiction. You are very talented.
Thanks for you inspirational ideas.
Sheila

Sondra said...

Hi Sheila, I love to read, especially LDS novels/christian novels. I do reveiw them in my label "books". I'm glad you like my blog. :-D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin