Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fred Meyer Fuchsia Saturday

This week is Fuchsia Saturday at Fred Meyers. 

When I posted this last year, I found out that Eastern Idaho doesn't have Fuchsia / Geranium / Strawberry starts week. (sorry)
I purchased my Geraniums yesterday. I didn't purchase as many as I did last year, but I did purchase 2 trays (
32 each in a tray) of red Geraniums and 8 starts of pink and white Geraniums and 3 ivy Geraniums.

This year I am going to plant more Petunias in my berms then geraniums like I did last year (with vegetable plants in the mix). That is why I didn't get as many Geraniums this year. I'm sure it will be lovely - no matter what I do.
As I am writing this post, I realized that I didn't get any strawberry starts. I guess I'll be going back again today to get the strawberry starts. I decided that I'm going to make a strawberry patch in my yard this year. 

Plus, I need to get the black gold potting soil for 50% off with the coupon. 

Fuchsia weekend always reminds me that I need to get my seeds started. Yes, I know I am about a month late in doing this. This past month has been busy with attending all of Brady's Once Upon a Mattress plays and my Mom visit for a week. Even though I will be getting seeds planted a little later this year, they will be ready when the weather turns warm. I plan to get them started in the next few days. 

I also need to get peas in the ground. 

I love spring. I'm ready for warm dry weather and I can see it just around the corner. 

I love looking out my window and seeing popcorn trees every where I go. It makes me happy!

I also need to trim and mow my lawn this weekend. It's getting really green with all the rain. 

The smells and sights of spring renews me after the long winter. I can't wait to get outside more and get my hands dirty.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

The reason Eastern Idaho does not have the sale is because it is freaking SNOWING here today. Blah

Sondra said...

Rhonda I'm really sorry about the snow... but, your comment made me laugh out loud. Did you want to move back? We have a temple and everything!

Zoey said...

Ha! Rhonda beat me to the post ... It is still snowing and terribly cold. Like 37 degrees. I am dying to have warmer weather!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

When I read this post its hard to believe we live in the same state!
I look forward to gardening this year.

I am excited to see what you do with your yard. You are always so creative!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin