Friday, March 4, 2011

Primary Scripture Marking

*** Just a note regarding ordering Picture Scriptures from the attached website, I don't have any affiliation with them and can't help you if the don't respond to their email. Sorry!

This post was featured on Sugardoodle's facebook March 13th, 2011. It has received a bunch of interest, which I have loved. However, when I blogged about our Primary scripture marking, I didn't know the information came from an actual book. I've been researching this all week and finally have been able to get in touch with the authors. The name of the book is "Picture Scriptures - The Book Of Mormon" by Bliss and MarryAnn Roberts. Written 1981.

Each week in Primary Sharing Time, the Primary Presidency takes a few moments to read a scripture and discuss it.

Then they have the children draw a picture over the scripture (above). You can click on the picture to enlarge it. 

At the beginning of the year, they gave the children a small bag to hold a Book of Mormon. They gave some children a copy of the Book of Mormon, but most parents provided their children with one. Inside the bag they had a packet of monthly reading charts. I didn't get a bag or I would have blogged about it. It is a cute idea. 

Anyway, I thought I would show what we have done so far with Scripture Marking in Primary. 

16 comments:

Zoey said...

I love these. Can I get all of them that your primary will use?

Pitterle Postings said...

I used to do scripture pictures with my kids all the time. The older ones remember it well. We had so much fun doing it, and we still have some of the old scriptures with the childish pictures describing what is going on. It is a wonderful way to teach them that the scriptures are real.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for someone that had these pictures that we drew in the kids scriptures. I have lost the book and wish that I could find one. Do you have the whole book or just what you drew in your scriptures? I would love to be able to have access to the pictures again. My email is debra.proctor@usu.edu Thanks, Debbie

Jeanette said...

I remember doing this when I was little and I can't find the book I did it in! I would love all the pictures to be able to do it with my kids!!

jeanette_kirkham at yahoo dot com

Thanks for posting this!

Smullin Family said...

We're getting better at being consistant in scripture reading, as a family. I too would love to have a copy of all the pictures/scriptures. I think this would take our study to another level. Thanks!!!

alishasmullin@yahoo.com

Tammy said...

I also did these as a kid and I still have my scriptures that have them in them. Do you have all of them. I would love copies of them or to know where you got them. Please let me know. tngale@ymail.com

Elizabeth said...

This is so cool! I would love to have a copy too, if you have them.
entongi@gmail.com
Thank you so much for posting this!

Ryan and Janet mumford said...

I would love a copy of all as well. See what you did? MAde us all interested! THanks!
jmumford23@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I would love a copy as well.
Thanks- sheri_doug@yahoo.com

Dave and Natalie said...

add me to the list of those interested in getting the whole list if possible!!

ngarrits @ msn . com (remove spaces)

Emilee said...

This would be perfect for my son! I would love to get the whole list too!!

emilou84037@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

ditto all the posts. What a great talent you have to share. I would like a copy as well. Thank you. johnl27@netzero.com
March 14, 2011 4:15 p.m

Anonymous said...

I'm a Primary President & we are looking for different ways to motivate
our children to love reading the scriptures, so I, along with EVERYONE
else, would love any and all copies of all you may have!
Thank you so much!!
loripurr7@hotmail.com (Lori)

Anonymous said...

I would love a copy too!
princessmicheles@yahoo.com

Debbie said...

This is hands down my very favortie blog. Thanks for sharing all your great ideas. Could I get a copy too! debbmoody@cox.net

Debbie said...

oh, I just saw where you said we could purchase these. Thanks for sharing the info, I'm excited to use them with my clas and at home.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin